Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

December 31st, 2008 12:00

Inspiron 1545 missing Webcam Manager

New Inspiron1545 that out of the box does not have any software loaded regarding integrated web cam.  I look on Dell Driver web site but there is no device driver/software for the Webcam manager specific to the 1545 (Vista 64 bit).

Isn't this supposed to be loaded at the factory?  Why isn't the driver section of the support page intuitive so that it leads me directly to any software I need for my laptop?  Where do I find this Dell Webcam Manager software?

Thx

PS: I accidently downloaded and extracted the wrong webcam manager package (1545 was not supported).  The install failed (this pkg did not support vista 64 bit).  I tried to delete the folder and its contents, but it claims I don't have persmission (I am a system admin on my machine).  What is going on here?  How can I remove this incorrect package/directory????

1 Message

January 24th, 2009 06:00

I had the same problem - here's how I fixed it.  First, you should probably uninstall any webcam managers that you previously installed (in Control Panel choose "Programs and Features").  To install the correct software, first update the drivers: go to Control Panel, choose "Device Manager", choose "Imaging Devices", double click "Integrated Webcam", choose the "Driver" tab on top, then click the "Update Driver" button.  After that all runs (you might have to reboot) then go find all the disks that came with your computer.  There should be one called "APPLICATION Already Installed on Your Computer (which the lazy losers obviously did not install for us).  It's the one that says on the bottom "For Reinstalling Dell Webcam Central Software".  Go ahead and install that (you will have to reboot again).  After that is done you should be able to find it in your programs list using the Start button called "Dell Webcam Central".  If you click on "Dell Webcam Central" it might look like it doesn't do anything, but it should appear in the system tray on the right hand side of your screen where you can double click it to open it.  Hope that helps.

7 Posts

January 2nd, 2009 20:00

I have the same problem. My Inspiron 1545 is brand new & came with no Webcam Manager or drivers for the cam. I found a Webcam Manager that seemed to install ok .. but when I try to use it, I'm told that there are no drivers installed for my cam. I looked for the driver/s but there are none listed for this model as of now. I would like to use my webcam at some point but there seems to be no solution for this. Anyone find drivers or get some help?

2 Posts

February 3rd, 2010 04:00

dito

3 Posts

August 9th, 2010 21:00

My webcam (Dell 1545) is not even listed in my devices. When I attempt to use dell video chat it tells me that I have no camera. This thing used to work. What happend and how can I fix it. I've installed and re-installed the drivers. It's like the actual camera is missing. Someone please help.

2 Posts

August 22nd, 2010 21:00

do to dell not puting up the drive i made a copy of it its the dell inspiron web cam app so i hop thus helps

megaupload.com

3 Posts

August 23rd, 2010 14:00

It's not the manager I'm missing. I'm getting the message that there's NO CAMERA. But it used to work just fine. The Dell Webcam Manager is still there but NO CAMERA.

2 Posts

August 24th, 2010 00:00

did you call dell they can get it fixed

October 26th, 2010 17:00

I had the same problem - here's how I fixed it.  First, you should probably uninstall any webcam managers that you previously installed (in Control Panel choose "Programs and Features").  To install the correct software, first update the drivers: go to Control Panel, choose "Device Manager", choose "Imaging Devices", double click "Integrated Webcam", choose the "Driver" tab on top, then click the "Update Driver" button.  After that all runs (you might have to reboot) then go find all the disks that came with your computer.  There should be one called "APPLICATION Already Installed on Your Computer (which the lazy losers obviously did not install for us).  It's the one that says on the bottom "For Reinstalling Dell Webcam Central Software".  Go ahead and install that (you will have to reboot again).  After that is done you should be able to find it in your programs list using the Start button called "Dell Webcam Central".  If you click on "Dell Webcam Central" it might look like it doesn't do anything, but it should appear in the system tray on the right hand side of your screen where you can double click it to open it.  Hope that helps.

I encountered the same problem, I'll follow what you said to take a try.

3 Posts

January 29th, 2011 18:00

I don't even had "image device" in my device manager. The webcam is NOT on my computer. It has simply vanished. Dell is wanting me to pay like $199 for a year's software contract to fix it. There's got to be another way.

Jimmy

1 Message

September 21st, 2012 23:00

I'm having the problem above but I don't have any of the disks that came with the computer. Is there a way to get the drivers and disks from support?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 22nd, 2012 13:00

If you live in the United States, Request Backup Disks USA if in another Country, contact Dell Tech Support in your Country.

PLEASE READ AND ANSWER THE QUESTIONS THAT I ASKED, BELOW.

Did you recently install/reinstall the operating system? If yes, did you install the drivers in the correct order? How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Try reading...

Troubleshooting the Dell Webcam and Dell Webcam Central Software

Also try running the Webcam Diagnostics

Did the webcam show in the symptom tree?

Any error messages?

Is the computer under warranty?

Rick

10 Posts

October 17th, 2012 21:00

I bought my laptop a while back and don't have the CD's that came with it.  Yes, it would be too much to ask for those morons to sell the laptop with the necessary software to run everything on the stupid computer, huh?!?!?!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 18th, 2012 17:00

rgarneau,

You can try this file, also known as Dell Webcam Central

Rick

10 Posts

October 18th, 2012 23:00

Wrong link...

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 19th, 2012 11:00

rgarneau,

It says it's a monitor but it's really Dell Webcam Central.

Rick

No Events found!