Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 28th, 2015 03:00

Inspiron 5558 cannot detect webcam!

So I bought Dell Inspiron 5558 from India two months back, and the webcam never worked. Whenever I try to access the Camera, it says that "Make sure your camera is connected".

There is no imaging device listed in my device manager. Please help! 

I tried seeking help from the Indian customer service which is horrible. It has been a month and they haven't replied to my query  yet.

I was unable to find any solutions online. I already tried reset and factory restore. They probably didnt work because the imaging device was never listed in the device manager in the first place.

Plus there are no webcam drivers in the Dell website for Inspiron 5558

1.2K Posts

October 28th, 2015 10:00

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.

We need to check if the system's hardware supports a webcam ,also advise if you were ever able to use the web cam utility. So reply to this post along with the service tag of the system,operating system information sent via private message.

Awaiting your response.

Regards,

2 Posts

October 30th, 2015 02:00

Thank you for the reply.

The service tag is <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>

I was never able to use the webcam after the purchase. 

The webcam utility as in the Camera app? I have never been able to access the camera neither with the app nor with Skype. 

The screenshots of my current OS details and the message displayed on the camera app are attached to the post. 

1.2K Posts

November 2nd, 2015 08:00

Hi ,

Kindly send the service tag of the system via private message.

Regards,

1 Message

March 29th, 2017 09:00

Hi DELL_Jennifer K, I have the same issue with my Inspiron 5558. Do I need to send you the Serive Tag in private message? Can you post what have been done to enable the web cam? Not sure how to send private message. Please help me.

1 Message

April 25th, 2017 14:00

Hello, greetings I have the same problem with the webcam does not appear the imaging device and in technical support does not appear the drivers, this started to fail since DELL I changed the motherboard by guarantee, because when it was factory the webcam worked perfect . My service tag

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

April 27th, 2017 08:00

:emotion-2:

Hi Icalelo

Open Device Manager and expand Imaging Device. At the Device Manager taskbar, click on "Action", and then "Scan For Hardware Changes ". Hopefully, webcam appears and works again. Please click on link for further information to troubleshoot webcam:

Dell Webcam and Dell Webcam Central Software Guide | Dell US

No Events found!