Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 25th, 2012 17:00

Inspiron E1505 LCD or Inverter connector

The LCD screen is not working, I connected an external monitor and the video card is working fine; I run the diagnostics and it passed all the connection tests (lcd and inverter connector). My question is : How do I check if the LCD or tthe inverter connector are working? I hate to change the LCD to find out that the problem is in the inverter. Thanks.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

If either the backlight or inverter has failed, there should be a faint image on the screen in bright light.  Check the condition of the video cable (runs between the mainboard and display panel).  If it's OK, next would be to replace the screen and the inverter.

50 Posts

No, it is totally blank, when I turn the laptop on I am able to see the windows logo in a greenish color and then it disappears. How do I know if the backlight is working or not? Thanks

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

Is there even a faint image on the screen at all?

50 Posts

April 25th, 2012 18:00

I also have an Inspiron 6400 which is identical to the E1505, I removed the complete lid from the 6400 and I installed it on the 1505  and it works perfect so  has to be the screen and or the inverter. How about if I remove the inverter only from the 6400 and install it in the 1505 screen? Is it posible to remove the inverter only or both the screen and inverter are one piece only? I am using the elimination method LOL, that's the only way I know how to check this parts.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

April 25th, 2012 19:00

If the screens are the same manufacturer and model, the inverters should interchange (it's a small board behind the screen).  If they're from different manufacturers - say, one LG-Philips and one Samsung -- they likely will not be interchangeable.

50 Posts

April 26th, 2012 10:00

Yes, the screens are the same manufacturer and model so I went ahead and interchanged the inverters and no luck, still a blank screen so at this point I think it is safe to say the lcd is bad, what do you think?

No Events found!