Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

July 3rd, 2012 22:00

Inspiron N4050 Audio Drivers in Windows XP

Dear All

According to a software requirement, I had to install Windows XP in this laptop. However I could not successfully install audio drivers.

I found this driver from the following link (http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/sg/en/sgbsd1/DriverDetails?driverId=C74F4&fileId=2731103797) and tried to install it. However, there is an error almost at the end. It opens a MS-Command prompt window and starts a service named stacsv.exe and then failed to start.

Later, I restarted Windows and found out that the audio device cannot be loaded.

Could anyone help me with this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

noi

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

July 4th, 2012 06:00

Hello. As you know XP is not supported by Dell on your model, meaning that it does not supply the necessary drivers for XP.  The problem is that although the audio driver you found is for XP, in order to install an audio driver in a Dell laptop with XP you have to first install the System Software & restart, then the Intel Chipset software and restart. This allows the operating system to become aware of the audio manufacturer's hardware on the motherboard and allows the appropriate driver to be installed.

Dell does not supply the System Software for your model, however there are 2 Intel software items you could install and then re-try the audio driver.

Intel HM67 Express Chipset Family

Intel Management Engine Interface

11 Posts

December 23rd, 2012 02:00

i have the same problem when loading the driver.. I have tried your instruction but it does not work for me...

Any other suggestions that might work?

Thanks!

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

December 23rd, 2012 07:00

Sorry but I don't have any additional suggestions at this time. I have an old laptop that needs replacing but face the same problem of how to support XP on a new machine, so I am keeping my old one as long as possible.

No Events found!