Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 18th, 2012 11:00

Inspiron N7110 Wireless driver problem

Hi, I just bought my Inspiron N7110 and installed windows. After installing all the other drivers, I couldn't install the drivers for my wireless card. I tried one version of the driver and the install would just end after the "Installshield wizard is preparing your computer for installation". When I tried to install a different driver, it would prompt "Dell Wireless Adapter Device Not Found" and then exit. I assume this means it does not recognize the WLAN card, or that it is missing. I did not check inside the computer to see if it is physically there, since I'm afraid I have no idea how to find it. The third driver I tried to install installed, but device manager would still show no drivers for the Wireless Adapter.

Is this a software/driver issue, or did I receive a faulty computer?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 18th, 2012 11:00

esemesas,

When you reinstalled the operating system, did you install the Desktop/Notebook system software and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Start with the Desktop/Notebook system software and the chipset drivers and follow the list.

Rick

4 Posts

July 18th, 2012 12:00

Yes, I installed them and then the rest of the drivers in that order. The Wireless drivers were the only ones that failed to install.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 18th, 2012 12:00

esemesas,

Missing or drivers not installing, especially for the wireless adapter is usually from the drivers not being installed in the correct order.

You installed the Dell System Software and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. these two set of drivers know what is attached to your system.

After you install the above, install the network adapter drivers, then remember to install Dell QuickSet.

Rick

4 Posts

July 18th, 2012 13:00

I reinstalled the System Software from the link you provided and redownloaded and reinstalled the chipset files from the Dell site, but I still get the same problem. Perhaps I am using the wrong drivers?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 18th, 2012 15:00

esemesas,

What opertaing system? 32-bit or 64-bit?

Rick

4 Posts

July 19th, 2012 05:00

64-bit. I took the computer to a shop and they fixed it. Turns out I had been trying to install the wrong drivers.

11 Posts

July 19th, 2012 07:00

Hi,

which wireless adapter do you have and can you put a link to the driver they've installed.

Thanks!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 19th, 2012 10:00

esemesas,

Glad you got it working! :emotion-21: Thnaks for posting back.

Take care,

Rick

No Events found!