Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 11th, 2013 10:00

Inspiron n5110

I have a Inspiron n5110 that is one year old. It will freeze after 20 minutes of use. I defragged, ran multiple virus scans in Safe Mode, ran Windows updates, delted temp files, cleaned up the start processes, ran a repair on the OS and it still freezes. Ran diagnostics and it did not find anything. It is still under warranty. Should  I have it replaced or try a clean install of the OS? 

4 Operator

• 

3.3K Posts

March 11th, 2013 13:00

Hi CMP1001,

Let me first appreciate the fact that you have tried the steps to resolve the issue.

Check if the computer freezes in safe mode with networking (Windows 7). Restart the computer and tap F8 on Dell logo and select safe mode with networking.

Also, try to do a clean boot on the computer:

Below steps would help you clean boot:

Click Start, type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or provide confirmation.

Configure Selective Startup options

1. In the System Configuration Utility dialog box, click Selective Startup on the General tab.
  2. Click to clear the Load Startup Items check box.
  3. Note The Use Original Boot.ini check box is unavailable.
  4. Click the Services tab.
  5. Click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box.
  6. Click Disable All, and then click OK.
  7. When you are prompted, click Restart.

I recommend running SFC scan on the computer.

I have provided a link below which would help you to run SFC scan on the computer:

http://bit.ly/17JmZC

Awaiting your response!

2 Posts

March 13th, 2013 15:00

Rajesh, the scan was helpful but ended up having to do a repair on the OS. I appreciate the response !

No Events found!