Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

August 16th, 2013 03:00

LAPTOP WOULD NOT TURN ON (SCREEN BLANK)

Hi,

I have a Dell Inspiron Laptop (which I bought about an year ago) which would not turn on suddenly.  After pressing turn on switch, the screen does not start & it is still black.  Please help.

Fyi, this laptop I bought this laptop from Dubai & brought to India as I have relocated back to India a year ago.

Regards / Dinesh

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

August 16th, 2013 03:00

Hi MDK2013,

Please let me know if there is any light activity on the laptop, try releasing the static power and check the system is working. Follow the steps below.

Switch off the system; remove the battery, ac adapter and the power cable. Press and hold down the power button for thirty seconds to drain any excess static power. In case the issue persists, try running the hardware diagnostics to check if the hardware is working as designed.

Press the FN + Power which will initiate the hardware diagnostics. Let us know if there is any error code listed.

Let us know about the progress.

4 Posts

August 17th, 2013 04:00

Halo,

I have tried these steps & it yielded no result.  My system still doesn't turn on after switching it on.  How do I resolve the issue?

Please assist.

MDK2013

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

August 20th, 2013 03:00

Hi MDK2013,

I am sorry for the delayed response; please release static power.

Switch off the system; remove the battery, ac adapter and the power cable. Press and hold down the power button for thirty seconds to drain any excess flea power.

If the system is not turning on try reseating the memory and hard drive. In case the issue persists even after reseating the memory and hard drive, remove the hard drive and memory and turn on the laptop. Reply with the status.

Please find the link below for the service manual:

http://dell.to/1bB9On6

In this link please punch in the system service tag or express service code and click on submit. This will help you access the manual page.

No Events found!