Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 4th, 2010 11:00

Mini 9 XP error message PXE-E61L media test failure. check cable. Operating System not found

Hi,

I have a Dell Mini 9" with XP and get the following error messages when booting:  PXE-E61: media test failure,  PXE-M0FL  exiting PXE ROM, then operating system not found  so I am unable to access Windows.    I can get into the system utilities but do not know what to do when I get there.  I found the diagnostics section and ran it for over 10 minutes but nothing appeared on screen.  Any idea how to proceed?  In the knowledge base section,  references were made to downloading bios.  I am a basic software user but not a technie person so I have definite "fears" of downloading things that I do not know how to fix.  For example, I am currently using my desktop with windows vista, if I had to download bio file (XP), could I  save the file to a flash drive?  Would downloading the file for xp affect the vista system?  Oh, I am way ahead of myself.....non-technie anxiety.  Appreciate any help you can provide. 

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

February 4th, 2010 17:00

It could be a hard drive failure. If you are under warranty contact Dell. Or try posting your question on the Laptop General Hardware Board. (This is the Laptop Audio Board.)

3 Posts

February 5th, 2010 07:00

Thanks.  Moved query to general.

Turtlette

No Events found!