Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 14th, 2010 20:00

My speakers!!!

okay fellow dell users. my laptop/ first born's speakers are shot. at first i thought something internal had broken or stopped working when i started hearing static-y noises, then it just occurred to me that it was my speakers. when i play music the static stops, but at some points in the song the sound would distort, this has been going on for some time, maybe a year or so. the static started a few weeks ago and i have come to terms my speakers have a short in them. so, now that i'm past that, i want to know how i go about getting them :A. fixed or B. replaced. i eagerly await your response. 

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

February 15th, 2010 05:00

You can get the 1520 Service Manual here. It describes how to change the speakers.

You can also get the Owner's Manual there if you need it.

You can order parts here.

You may have tocontact tech support 

to find the part number. Also contact them if you want Dell to do a repair.

The first thing I would do is to confirm that there is a hardware problem by using the tools described on page 142 of the Owner's Manual.

Dell's PC Restore (for Windows XP) is an image of your original operating system, drivers, applications and configuration settings in a hidden partition on the hard drive. Whatever was working when you got the computer will work after PC Restore, except for any hardware problems.

Dell's Factory Image Restore is the same thing but on models that had Windows Vista pre-installed on them. Anything that doesn't work afterward either wasn't working when the computer was shipped or is the result of hardware malfunction. For that reason PC Restore and Factory Image Restore are excellent diagnostic tools for discovering the fundamental nature of a problem.

No Events found!