Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 15th, 2017 13:00

N7010 monitor flickering constantly with white lines

I have dell N7010 laptop. For past 3 months, the monitor starts flickering with horizontal white lines constantly after every 3 to 5 seconds.

It starts slowly with few lines at the bottom of the monitor and gets worse.

When the laptop connected to TV via HDMI no flickering even after watching a complete movie.

Kindly advise.

Thanks

January 17th, 2017 06:00

Hello Chris,

Thanks.

I have done  LCD BIST (Built-In Self Test). It showed all the 4 colours and I have not seen any break or disconinuity in colours.

In the problem, I do not see line in one place. Horizontal white line appreas in different locations at contant intervals.

Thanks,

Somu

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

January 17th, 2017 06:00

Run the Dell Laptop LCD BIST (Built-In Self Test).

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

January 18th, 2017 05:00

Then the fault is not with the LCD panel or its cabling. The fault must be with the GPU, the GPU driver, or the operating system. You should reinstall all of the Chipset drivers, restarting after each one. Then reinstall GPU driver, restarting when done. Then retest.

January 18th, 2017 07:00

Hello Chris,

I have installed the three chipset files and restarted each time after installing each chipset files.

However, I could not able to associated any files for the GPU driver. Please advise.

Instead I installed the CPU updates with restarting after each installation.

Problem of white horizontal lines still continuous. One more thing, I am running windows 10 now. After instling windows 10, there was no monitor problem almost more than 6 months. It started less than 3 months before.

Thanks,

Somu

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

January 19th, 2017 07:00

Windows 10 was never validated by Dell on the Inspiron 17 N7010 =

Windows 10 must have installed some GPU driver then it updated to a different one which caused the issue. Unknown since we never tested Windows 10. Based on the supported Windows 7, you either have the onboard Intel HD Graphics HM57 or the added Ati Mobility Radeon HD 5470. You will need to go to their sites to look for a Windows 10 driver.

No Events found!