Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 1st, 2009 06:00

Need parts for my e1505

Well i have a few problems and an wondering if it's worth fixing this computer up. It does seem to run very well. But my hinge on the right side seems broken. the plastic separates and the screw will pop through the bezel when lifting the screen up. So i don't know if the hinge is actually broke or not. My battery is shot to .. but that can be taken care of.. i did get that dos screen when booting a few times saying i did not have the laptop plugged into an AC outlet. Which is was. And it wanted to run diagnostics.. but didn't find anything wrong.  My Dell AC cord seems fine. The green light is still lit on it. Maybe having the battery failing had something to do with that message.

Can i buy the parts from Dell. How would i find them?

Thanks all.. 

2.4K Posts

September 1st, 2009 16:00

You can call Dell Spare Parts or you can try www.parts-people.com

55 Posts

September 2nd, 2009 08:00

Thanks parts are not to bad in price there i guess i'll try it.

55 Posts

September 2nd, 2009 15:00

I see you have 4gb of RAM on there. I'm running XP pro 32bit for now. If i get 4 gigs of ram do you think it would run ok till i got Windows7 64bit on?

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

September 2nd, 2009 16:00

Yes, probably- that said, even with a 64-bit OS, you won't see 4G of RAM on this model, since it will not suppot memory remapping - you will see just over 3G of RAM even with a 64-bit OS, because of the chipset on it.

2.4K Posts

September 2nd, 2009 21:00

He is right, I only get 3.27 GB of RAM with a 64 bit OS.

55 Posts

October 25th, 2009 15:00

Fixed my computer. But i only see 2.5 gigs of ram. That's with XP pro. I have Windows 7 32 bit on another harddrive and still see only 2.5 gigs. Doesn't this seem wrong? That's with 4 gigs installed. I went looking for the Vista 64 bit drivers on Dell site but i don't see any. So i guess there aren't any and prob will not be either. 

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

October 25th, 2009 16:00

Even with a 64-bit OS, you won't see all four gigs - the chipset in this system is too old to support memory remapping, which would release the rest for use by the operating system.

No Events found!