Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 21st, 2017 03:00

[Need urgent help] Dell latitude e6420 screen blank

I wanted to lower down my brightness but suddenly the screen went black / blank. I tried to turn on the brightness but the button doesnt work. I tried various way like pressing the F button and restarting, but nothing comes up. Not even the logonof dell and just blank

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

May 21st, 2017 09:00

:emotion-2:

I'm assuming you press the Fn key + brightness and dim keys on the keyboard, correct ? By the way, windows 10 is on the system ?

5 Posts

May 21st, 2017 16:00

yup tried fn + brightness up doesnt work.. windows 8

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

May 21st, 2017 19:00

I'd suggest you run LCD Built-in Self Test (BIST) to check the screen itself. Please hold down the D key and press the power button. Release them both, and this should begin the BIST test. You should see colored bars appear on the screen, it should ask if you saw them. Select NO to begin the test.

How to Run the Laptop LCD Built-in Self Test | Dell US

5 Posts

May 21st, 2017 23:00

doesnt work in any ways :((((

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

May 22nd, 2017 08:00

Please run diagnostic tool to check the hardware on the system by following steps below:

1. Power off system

2. Power on system, quickly tap the F12 key continuously until you see Preparing one time boot menu in the top right corner of the screen. In the boot menu, stroll down to Diagnostic and then click it. After quick tests, click on hard drive and then Thorough Test Mode. Do same for Memory. Report back any error code.

5 Posts

May 22nd, 2017 21:00

I think the LCD screen has a problem

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

May 22nd, 2017 22:00

Anyway possible you could connect a external monitor to laptop? If external monitor show display, then issue could be with laptop LCD screen.

No Events found!