Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 19th, 2016 18:00

No print capability

I was recently hit with an auto update of Win 10.  After three day I was finally able to get into my Inspiron N5050 and revert back to Win 7.  I've had little glitches but thought things were getting better.  I have no print ability at all. Not local with USB or via wifi.  I've deleted printers and reinstalled. Reinstalled drivers using compatibility mode. Updated the firmware on my wifi router. Nothing.  The printer is connected fine to wifi.  I can also "see" the printer when I map the network on the laptop.  When I send a test page or print from a document, it shows that it was sent but never connects and prints. With the issues Win 10 has caused with printers, is it possible my computer still thinks is running 10?  What am i overlooking and what else can I do to fix this?

35 Posts

June 24th, 2016 19:00

Do you mean you can't print even if the printer is connected to the laptop with a USB cable? Does the computer recognize the printer when connected with a USB cable?

2K Posts

June 24th, 2016 23:00

Hi CFANNIN,

Did you just downgrade the OS to Win 7 or was this a clean install? What is the exact printer model? Is the printer compatible to work with Win 10 OS? Is the printer detected in device manager?

Reset the printer spooler - http://bit.ly/1tSLviz - restart the system and check if it works fine.

Connect the printer USB cable and go to control panel - devices and printers - and see if the printer is detected -> then right click and go to properties and try a test print page.

Write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.

Keep us updated.

No Events found!