Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 9th, 2012 19:00

Question About Nvidia Graphic Driver

Hi, 

I am having 1GB Nvidia Graphic card but unfortunately I don`t know how to use it.Can any one share the information and how to use Nvidia Graphics.

Regards,

Anil 

4 Operator

• 

2K Posts

November 12th, 2012 03:00

Hi Anil Reddy,

The NVidia Graphic card is more advanced than any other normal video cards. So you will find better performance and refresh rate in the system while playing games, movies and hi resourced applications. I also request you to send the system tag through a private message so that I can check if the computer has Integrated graphics card and I can suggest which card needs to be used at what time.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and contact details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

25 Posts

November 12th, 2012 11:00

I have new inspiron 5720 17R windows 8 preinstalled with intel 4000 and Nvidia 630m. When I go to display resolution settings, the recommended setting  is 1600/900. However a warning says my resolution is 1280/960. It will not allow me to change it to recommended setting (apply button greyed out). Any ideas?

4 Operator

• 

2K Posts

November 13th, 2012 03:00

Hi danreese1,

I suggest you to go to screen resolution by following the below steps:

(1) Take the mouse pointer to the top right corner, chimes bar appears.

(2) Click on search and select settings.

(3) Now type Screen resolution in the search box and hit enter

(4) The screen resolution screen appears, check if the screen resolution is set to 1600/900.

The changes cannot be made in screen resolution or it will be greyed out if the resolution is already selected. If you are getting this pop-up, I request you to tell me where are you getting this pop-up and if possible please send a screen shot of the same.

25 Posts

November 13th, 2012 13:00

As a videophile, despite the attached file, I know my screen is displaying

1600/900. Just a weird warning. Also, how do I know which graphics card is

active at any particular time. Intel 4000 and NVidia 630m? both have the

latest drivers and show as "working properly". Thank you. Sorry, I sent duplicate msgs because I was unsure if you received the first one.

4 Operator

• 

2K Posts

November 15th, 2012 06:00

Hi danreese1,

Windows 8 operating system requires a minimum of 1280*960 resolution, but the laptop screen has a higher resolution of 1600*900. This error appears as the height (900) in the 1600*900 is lesser than 1280*960 resolution so you can ignore this message. I suggest you to open NVIDIA control panel where you can check all the applications used by NVIDIA video cards.

25 Posts

November 15th, 2012 11:00

Thanks guys for all the help. I feel better now, I disdain little quirks but this is after all Windows and I should be used to them by now. Lol

No Events found!