Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

M

2 Posts

January 22nd, 2009 12:00

RightMark says that only 1.6 GHz are running

Hi,

I was advised to download RightMark to keep control of the temperature. So I had a look at it and also saw that my Processor was 1.6. But I have a 2.0 dual Processor, does this mean that only 1.6 are running or at the max 3.2 if you count it double?

I am confused!

Thank you!

14.4K Posts

January 22nd, 2009 18:00

It could be that your processor has speedstep or C1E support which most laptop processors have. What happens is the processor will throttle down when it is in an idle condition to help save power. What you need to do is run the program and then put the processor under load and see if it goes up.

Another good program to try it CPU-z

January 22nd, 2009 21:00

Hi,

thanks for your reply. I have tried opening 5 different programs at once and then checked the Processor again, still exactly 1.6 GHz. I have also tried CPU-z, this program gives me the same result.

Thanks

14.4K Posts

January 23rd, 2009 04:00

Since we don't know what system you have I can only further suggest you look in th bios for any settings related to speedstep, or C1E support and disable them.

Also since we also don't know what OS you have, I can only offer if you have Vista then try setting your power performance setting to high perfromance.

No Events found!