Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 23rd, 2011 19:00

Studio 15 touchpad scroll/ zoom feature not working

Hi Guys, 

I have a Dell Studio 15 with windows 7. I've had it for about a year and a half now and it works fine, except recently I got a nasty virus and had to get it wiped. I guess in the process something happened to my touchpad driver. It still reacts to my moves the mouse with no problem, but now the scroll and pinch zoom features don't work. I tried to download a driver from the dell website, but it says "the driver was not installed successfully."

can anyone help?

Thanks for your time

4.4K Posts

December 23rd, 2011 20:00

By wipe, I guess you had to reload Windows 7 manually.  You do not mention how this was performed.

My guess is when you manually reinstalled Windows 7, you didn't install the touchpad driver.

Click Here for a Step by Step instruction for a Manual Reinstallation of your Operating System
Manual reinstallation can be the most time consuming and difficult method of those available. You will reinstall the operating system directly from the CD or DVD, install the drivers, configure the OS, install critical and recommended updates, install your applications and, if available, restore backed up data files.

Learn how to install Install Drivers in the Correct Order by Clicking Here.

Locate the Drivers and Downloads for your system by Clicking Here.

If you didn't wipe out PC Restore, you could run this too.

Click Here for PC Restore
Available on many Dell Dimension and Inspiron computers, Dell PC Restore by Symantec is a hidden partition on your hard drive that contains an exact copy of your computer's original factory software. With PC Restore, you can restore your computer to the original state it was shipped in to you from Dell and in a fraction of the time a manual reinstallation would require.

NOTE:  if you run PC Restore, it will wipe out your OS and all data.  BACKUP your files first.

No Events found!