Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 19th, 2009 08:00

Vostro 1014, 1015, 1088 audio driver for Xp

Hi!

I'm looking for an audio driver for this laptop.. Any tips where can i find a working driver?

Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus

VEN_14F1

DEV_5067

Thanks!

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

October 19th, 2009 11:00

First, this is the DESKTOP audio section.  There is a separate Laptop Audio section and where you should repost.

I looked at the Dell downloads and there are no XP audio drivers listed.  You could look through the downloads for the other Dell laptop product lines and maybe you will find a compatible driver.  You could also check Conexant and see if they have a driver, otherwise do a google search and you MAY come up with something.

4 Posts

October 20th, 2009 01:00

Sorry for bad posting, im a bit lame and thanks for advices, but i tried it before my post.

4 Posts

October 20th, 2009 02:00

Well finally i found this driver : http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-72813.html. You have to rewrite in the driver's ini file the dev_5069 to dev_5067... And now it works! :)

6 Posts

November 5th, 2009 11:00

hi you can use XP audio drivers for dell vostro 1220.

Best regards.

1 Message

November 5th, 2009 19:00

Hi,

Well Ihave tried to use vostro 1220 audio xp driver for my 1015, but its not working still, also I changed the num,ber from 5069 to 5067 in ini files but that trick also not working , please help me

4 Posts

November 6th, 2009 00:00

Hi!

You have to completely remove the prev. driver from the device manager, restart, then install the "hacked" driver, (from device manager), then restart again. Check in device manager, that your audio device is really dev_5067!

1 Message

November 19th, 2009 14:00

Dell 1015 audio driver for Windows XP

problem solved !

download file from dell support page:

http://ftp.us.dell.com/audio/R221865.exe

works perfect on my Dell 1015

1 Message

January 26th, 2010 06:00

The combination that solved my problems width Vostro 1015

1 WIFI manualy install R210424.exe (from device Manager / update)
2 Bluetooth R167661.EXE
3 audio search the internet for "AUD_ALLOS_5324_5322_PV_REALTEK.EXE" , install it and then run the R250191.exe
(for every R.....exe search in

after that install the modem R223642.exe

1 Message

September 15th, 2010 10:00

hi

i got so many drivers from dell support . but not installed i dont know why please send the audio driver and wlan driver also.

thanks

regards

parthipan

46 Posts

October 20th, 2010 09:00

Do use you service tag at support.dell.com

Download the audio driver it is usually at the top of the list of drivers for your unit.  Be sure to get the Microsoft updates..you need service pack three with XP or the audio will not work even with the right driver.

Go support.dell.com.

click support.

See looking for drivers and downloads.

Enter service tag in first left option...the sprocket icon.

Be sure the XP is picked for os not Vista for example..

download the audio driver using the browser option not the manager.

Install the driver....again the key if it installs but does not work is that you need service pack three updates from Microsoft..

October 25th, 2010 03:00

Thank you, Rohn and LaMeRick - you saved me, I had the same problem, but did not realize this old laptop had not been upgraded to SP3.

We still have a few Dell Vostro 1220 and  Dell Vostro 1015, I think one was bought from the outlet and every employee using is it fine until they hear about that - after it they start finding "strange" problems and it is up to me to prove them wrong with simple things like what you showed us. Thank you once again!

2 Posts

December 26th, 2010 03:00

Hello,
All the drivers for Dell Vostro 1015 laptop an easy way to download from the link in the connection.
Good Luck

1 Message

May 6th, 2011 15:00

hi i tried all those but unable to install audio drivers for dell vostro 1015 with win xp sp2, so can anyone suggest me what exactly i have to do

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

May 6th, 2011 20:00

If you just installed XP then you need to follow the order of installation. First go to the Vostro 1015 downloads page and make sure that XP is selected as the operating system in the dropdown box. Then

1. Download and install the System Software (expand the System Utilities category), and then restart the computer.

2. Next download and install the Intel chipset driver (expand the Chipset category), and then restart the computer.

3. Go to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888111 and get the UAA hotfix patch.

4. Go back to your downloads page and download the Conexant R28658 audio driver (in the Audio category) and install it.

If that doesn't work let me know. There is a different installation method you can try, but you have to do steps 1 through 4 in any case.

1 Message

May 13th, 2011 08:00

Hi,

i´m not very good in computer things, so maybe you can explain it to me with more details.

Problem: I have a Vostro 1015 :-) second problem is: i installed xp and could install all drivers from the Dell-CD i got with the laptop, except the audio driver.

It says: Hardware for that driver not found ( translated, because it´s german in my case )

When i follow your instructions now, a problem comes up already at the first step. When i download the exe file and start to install it says: There are no files to download, go to drivers and downloads to select files. I think i selected them already.

What´s the problem? And by the way, what´s the big deal? I just want my computer to make sound... all my friends have sound on their computers :-)

Thanks!

Cheers Flo

No Events found!