Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 9th, 2015 02:00

WIFI problem

I 'd like your opinion about a problem of mine...

I have a Dell 5547 14" and i have it usually in power. The problem is with the wifi signal. After 4-5 minutes of use it disconnects me! And it keeps doing this all the time and i don't know why!

I 'm sorry for my poor English and i would appreciate a solution to my problem.

Thank you.

1.8K Posts

April 13th, 2015 15:00

Hi,

There are a lot of possible reasons why the system gets disconnected.  Radio interference, security software, problems with the wireless router, etc.   

I recommend checking out our Networking and Wireless Support Center.  There are a lot of good troubleshooting articles in there that may help you find out how to resolve the problem. 

Some quick things to check would be updating the driver for your wireless card, try moving the system to another room, or closer to the router, to see if it is able to maintain connection when it's closer, connect to the router using a wired ethernet cable, or even rebooting your router and/or making sure that the router firmware is up to date.

I hope some of this helps.  Please do come back and let us know what you find out, and if you're able to resolve the problem.  If you can tell us what resolves the problem then others that have the same issue may be able to find a way to fix their issues.

Thank you,

Todd

No Events found!