Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

May 6th, 2013 20:00

Webcam not operating

I have Dell Inspirion 15R (5110) and I installed windows 8 pro 64bit on it. and now my webcam is not operating with any application. I have also installed dell webcam software.

What should I do? pl z suggest

1.3K Posts

May 6th, 2013 20:00

Hi Kalpesh,

Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the Dell Webcam from the Device Manager. 

• Press “Windows key + W” from the keyboard.
  • Type “Device Manager” without quotes in the search box and hit Enter.
  • Search for “Webcam” from the list of devices.
  • Right click on your “Webcam” and then select “Uninstall”.
  • Restart the computer for changes to take effect.

The Dell Webcam software should re-load automatically. 

Alternately, you may also click on the links below for Windows 8 Support and Dell Webcam Troubleshooting related queries.

For Windows 8 Support: http://dell.to/ZCGPtD

For Dell Webcam Central Sofware: http://dell.to/13p4Bgg

Let me know if further help is needed.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

May 7th, 2013 19:00

Hi Babita

I have followed steps which you mention, but unable to find webcam in  “Device Manager”

is there another way?

1.3K Posts

May 8th, 2013 04:00

Hi Kalpesh421,

Thank you for your reply.

Please run the System File Checker tool. System File Checker is a utility in Microsoft Windows  that allows users to scan for and restore corruptions in Windows system files. Run this scan and then re-boot your system. You may be able to find your webcam listed under the Device Manager. Let me know if you see any Unknown device listed as well.

• Open an elevated command prompt. Open Elevated Command Prompt from Win+X Power Users Tasks Menu
  • Click/tap on Command Prompt (Admin)
  • At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
  • Type sfc /scannow
  • The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to open an elevated command prompt. If SFC could not fix something, then run the command again to see if it may be able to the next time. Sometimes it may take running the sfc /scannow command 3 or more times to completely fix everything that it's able to.

Please let me know the results so that I am able to assist you better.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

May 9th, 2013 20:00

I tried System File Checker almost 5 times but In Device Manger nothing is added

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 10th, 2013 21:00

kalpesh421,

Pleae continue with DELL-Babita S

Did you recently install/reinstall the operating system? If yes, did you install the Dell System Software(if applicable) and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct

Windows 7/8 is supposed to provide the webcam drivers for most Dell computers. If you system needs webcam drivers, go to Drivers & Downloads enter your service tag, then select your operating system. If your system needs webcam drivers, they'll be listed under Input.

(Windows 8)How to make the webcam work with help from this youtube. You have to open the Camera app first, and then click Settings on the charm bar to see where you can give the app permission to use the webcam.

Try reading...

Troubleshooting the Dell Webcam and Dell Webcam Central Software

You can try this file, also known as Dell Webcam Central.

Create a new unrestricted user account and try the webcam. Did the webcam work?

If yes, log out and log back in to your account and try the webcam. Did the webcam work?

If no, then the webcam became detached from the motherboard, usually near the webcam

Is your computer is under warranty?

Rick

No Events found!