Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 29th, 2017 17:00

XPS 13 9350 Warping

I went to take my XPS 13 with me the other day and noticed the cover sitting up about 1 cm. I then saw the touchpad had popped out. Then on further examination the keyboard looks like a rough day on the ocean all warped and wavy. What is this all about? It sits connected to a dock for about 2/3rd of its use and then I take it with me now and then. I hope Dell is going to replace my laptop as this is unacceptable for this quality and price point.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

January 30th, 2017 09:00

Sounds like a battery problem...  

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

January 30th, 2017 09:00

:emotion-2:

I'd suggest you contact Technical Support in the link below. Hopefully one of the Dell reps see this post and be a help to you.

www.dell.com/.../Contact-Information

1 Message

May 8th, 2017 06:00

I have my xps 13 for about 1 1/2 years.  The keyboard has wrapped a lot!!!  I will be looking for a bigger ultra portable.  xps 15 is out of the question now:-(

3 Posts

May 21st, 2017 20:00

I've had mine about the same time frame. Mine has just warped as well.. does look like battery issue.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

May 21st, 2017 20:00

I have to ask, since I have 3 new systems and would like to avoid your situation, can you tell me how you operate the system and external power?

Do you let the battery run down and plug it in?  Do you keep it plugged in all the time?  Or do you run it on a dock which powers battery recharge?

I haven't seen such a post, but if there was a recommended way to charge the battery, based on usage or charge levels, it might help those who have not yet run into the problem...

Thanks..

3 Posts

May 22nd, 2017 02:00

My laptop has limited use, mostly plugged in all the time and always on. However, it warped during flights/travel from South Africa to USA while powered down - in hand carry baggage, in sleeve.

no warranty at this time. oh well.

keyboard/pad/laptop still function ok.

22 Posts

July 30th, 2017 06:00

Mac0136 - did you have any joy with Dell?  Was it indeed the battery?

My XPS 13 9350 has just warped after 18 months since new.  If it is the battery then it can only be because the battery is swelling and that sounds to me like a hazard.  What's next - bursting into flames?

With my 9350 the keyboard has risen:

on the LHS the Z key is the highest point

on the RHS the @ key is the highest point

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

July 30th, 2017 08:00

Get the battery out of the system and out of your home or office - NOW.  Then call Dell - they may be willing to replace the battery even if it's out of warranty.

22 Posts

October 25th, 2017 14:00

Dell UK agreed to an out of warranty exception and replaced my battery, palm rest, keyboard and touch pad - 18 months old.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

October 26th, 2017 18:00

Glad to know Dell has agreed to fix the computer. Thanks for the update.

1 Message

November 14th, 2017 07:00

I have also had my XPS 13 9350 THAT WAS PURCHASED LESS THAN 18 MONTHS AGO WARP TO THE POINT THAT THE SCREWS ARE FALLING OUT THE BACK. CALLED DELL WHO TOLD ME IT WAS OFF WARRANTY. I WOULD HAVE TO SHIP IT AT MY COST TO THEIR REPAIR FACILITY.....$200.00 for a battery responsible for warping the laptop ( had a phone for 5 years never had this happen). $350.00 to replace battery and fix all the Green warped plastic. I thought Dell made a good product....was I ever wrong. They are not willing to take responsibility for their poor product. I paid almost $1600.00 for a laptop that is unusable.....Shame.....

No Events found!