Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 19th, 2009 13:00

fail log in on user profile ( inspiron 1525 laptop )

since early today... i cant log on on my user profile on my inspiron 1525 laptop.   had this first time... tryed again and success log on.

after i log off and shut down.  few hours later tryed again to log-on  same thing happen again,  try and try again many times   NO SUCCESS.

it states :  " THE USER PROFILE SERVICE FAILED THE LOGON"

USER PROFILE CANNOT BE LOADED.

my profile is on password which i HAVENT change.  at present iam using my wife profile on here which is working ok   and using this to write this message.

is there anyway  i can get  on too my user profile ???     dont know if i got a virus, corrupt, ect ??    laptop working fine on my wife profile ( has no password)

any info on this will be most wecome...  thank you.    tooting

1.6K Posts

March 19th, 2009 14:00

It's most likely a failing hard drive with bad sectors - to confirm, F12 at powerup, boot to the Dell diagnostics, and run the extended hard drive test.

If the drive fails under system warranty, record the error and call Dell - ask for a preimaged replacement.

If it fails out of system warranty, you can purchase any 2.5" 9.5 mm SATA notebook drive as a replacement.

1 Message

May 4th, 2009 16:00

Hi

Had the same problem today. I managed to fix it by booting from the CD [Vista] and make like your going to install windows. Then look at the bottom of the window and click system restore - to an earlier Date. It turned out that Windows had updated itself and corrupted the log in.

Restarted and all good.

No Events found!