Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 16th, 2012 07:00

no boot up/ac adaptor not recognized/battery not charging

When I boot up my computer it will not boot. Unfortunately my daughter dropped it and I can only see the right half of the screen. What I do see is a black screen with the F2 and F12 options at the bottom right. It then goes to a screen that I cannot see all the info but it looks like it has something to do with power. When I do get it to boot up after multiple tries I can see a pop up that says it cannot recognize the AC adaptor and the battery will not charge when plugged in When I pull the adaptor out the LED light goes to yellow and then goes back to lit when I plug the adaptor back in.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

November 16th, 2012 08:00

On the screen issue, check to see what the image looks like on an external monitor - if it's ok, check the cable that runs between the mainboard and display panel for damage.

On the other issue, chances are the power jack has been damaged -- the repair can range from an inexpensive cable or plug-in board replacement to a soldering-required repair depending on the system model.  Post the system model and someone can assist you in determining how to go about repairing it.

4 Posts

November 16th, 2012 09:00

It is an Inspiron 1545

4 Posts

Thank you. Would the power issue cause the boot problem? Is there a way to tell if the power cable is good?

4 Posts

Thank you. Would the power issue cause the boot problem? Is there a way to tell if the power cable is good?
No Events found!