Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 4th, 2017 07:00

xps 13 (9360) Speakers work perfectly fine however headphones don't function at all

I've reinstalled the drivers multiple times and still haven't been able to solve this problem, I would appreciate it if anyone has found a fix to this problem. I have also ensured that realtek audio manager is enabled in task manager. 

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

January 4th, 2017 09:00

Wow, seems to be a problem with all the recent XPS 13 models. See the Recent Issues FAQ and scroll down to the XPS 9343 and 9350/9550 models.

When you plug in the headphone, you don't get the popup selection box?

January 5th, 2017 06:00

Yeah there's no popup selection box and i've tried the fixes in that post

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

January 5th, 2017 06:00

Try switching from the Realtek audio driver to the Windows native audio driver. If the same problems occurs with the native driver, then mostly not a driver issue, but could be hardware related. For that, contact tech support.

I haven't put it in the Recent Issues yet, but an owner just posted that the headset jack wasn't working on his new Inspiron until he pushed the plug in extra hard. Probably just a one-off thing, but I thought I would pass it along.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

January 5th, 2017 07:00

I notice your FAQ does not mention checking the operation of the Waves MaxxAudio Service Application on the Processes tab of Task Manager.  If that was working and no popups then a connection problem would be indicated.

It was strange, in the thread you reference, the OP initially indicated the connection had been confirmed.

No Events found!