Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 14th, 2010 10:00

Does SE 7.1 support CLARiION Flare 29?

I'm using EMC Storage Viewer 2.0 on vSphere 4.0, which requires Solutions Enabler to see CLARiiON systems.

I have upgraded to the latest SE release 7.1, and have recently upgraded my CX4 systems to Flare 29. Now, Solutions Enable cannot discover the CX4 systems, either unassisted or assisted. When I supply a file with a list of system IP addresses:

symcfg discover -clariion -file clariion.txt

It discovers the CX3 systems, but at the first CX4 system it exits.

154 Posts

January 14th, 2010 11:00

David (Hughes),

I found this online - http://powerlink.emc.com/km/live1/en_US/Offering_Technical/Technical_Documentation/300-010-236.pdf#page=5

Table 1 of the fixed problems says:

Issue

Found in version

Problem summary/symptom

Fix summary

In an environment with only CLARiiON arrays, the Storage Viewer incorrectly reported the following error: "Failed to update Solutions Enabler connection data. Error = No objects of the requested type were found."

This error is no longer reported.

EMC308637

Storage Viewer hangs during loading of the SRDF SRA tab due to the SRDF session being in the Partitioned or TransIdle state.

The problem has been fixed.

Storage Viewer and the vSphere Client will exit prematurely when Storage Viewer encounters a CLARiiON snapshot name or friendly device name longer than 32 characters.

Storage Viewer will now truncate the name in the display to be less than 32 characters.

The last one looks to be significant here and it looks like a 2.1 upgrade is req'd.

There's only one file for Storage Viewer 2.1 on Powerlink, http://powerlink.emc.com/km/live1/en_US/Offering_Technical/Software_Download/EMC_Storage_Viewer_2.1.18.exe

Support; Software Downloads & Licensing ; Software S; Storage Viewer

I'd suggest a little review of the release notes etc. for Storage Viewer first to be sure, and if you agree then download the 2.1 file & upgrade S/V (after you read all of the relevant doc of course!)

Keep us updated.

Best regards,

Dave Yates

EMC TSE3

Benevolent Host Systems Moderator

"Il Moderatore Benevolo"    

154 Posts

January 14th, 2010 12:00

Hmm... Swing & a miss.  Your O/P said 2.0 so that's what led me there.  I didn't find anything S/E related... Let's see what else we can find...

Dave Yates

EMC TSE3

Benevolent Host Systems Moderator

"Il Moderatore Benevolo" 

9 Posts

Thanks Dave, but I tripped over that one a few months ago and already have Storage Viewer 2.1.

This problem really has nothing to do with Storage Viewer, although it affects it. It's a Solutions Enabler bug.

I'm installing Solutions Enabler on a different server, and it can't discover the Flare 29 systems.

Dave

341 Posts

Hi David,

SE7.1 is definitely supported for FLARE 29 and Storage Viewer 2.1. We need to get Solutions Enabler to be able to see the CX4's before Storage Viewer can see them.

Do you know if user authentication credentials have been added for the CX4's?

User authentication credentials must be added to
Solutions Enabler for each CLARiiON array that needs to be discovered.

symcfg authorization add -host -username -password

Conor

No Events found!