Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 6th, 2013 12:00

EMCGrab dont detect Brocade 425 HBA

Hi, i have a linux box with RHEL63 ( 2.6.32-279.el6.x86_64). I installed all HBA drivers for linux but the EMCGrab 4.5.1 dont detect the adapter. I can see it using Brocade cli BCU. Is it a bug? In the script hbainfo.sh i found this:

### Brocade HBA discovery

if [ -d /proc/scsi/bfa ]; then

FOUND_HBA=1

BFADIR=/proc/scsi/bfa  <---- Dont exist

for d in `ls ${BFADIR}`; do

printf "Collecting HBA instance ${Instance} information\n" |tee -a ${RPT}

printf "****** HBA Instance ${Instance} ******\n"  >> ${SCRIPT_TMP}/${OUTPUT}.txt

cat ${BFADIR}/${d} >> ${SCRIPT_TMP}/${OUTPUT}.txt

Instance=`expr ${Instance} + 1`

done

fi

if [ -d /proc/scsi/lpfc -a "${LPFC}" -eq 0 ]; then

FOUND_HBA=1

LPFCDIR=/proc/scsi/lpfc <---- Dont exist

for d in `ls ${BFADIR}`; do

printf "Collecting HBA instance ${Instance} information\n" |tee -a ${RPT}

printf "****** HBA Instance ${Instance} ******\n"  >> ${SCRIPT_TMP}/${OUTPUT}.txt

cat ${LPFCDIR}/${d} >> ${SCRIPT_TMP}/${OUTPUT}.txt

Instance=`expr ${Instance} + 1`

done

fi

Anybody have the same problem?

September 6th, 2013 20:00

Please consider moving this question as-is (no need to recreate) to the proper forum for maximum visibility.  Questions written to the users' own "Discussions" space don't get the same amount of attention and questions can go unanswered for a long time.

You can do so by selecting "Move" under ACTIONS along the upper-right.  Then search for and select: "Host Systems Support Forum" which would be the most relevant for this question.

In the meantime, I search our database of bugs posted against the emcgrab utility, and did find one known issue which seems to match and suggests:

[...]

Bug in Linux v4.5.1 running in full mode. Run the grab in -lite mode to get the hba info. This is resolved in next release.

[...]

Can you please give it a try?

September 9th, 2013 06:00

Thank you very much Christopher!! I moved it to right forum.

About the emcgrab, it worked with -lite option. So i hope the new version of emcgrab correct this problem :-)

Regards,

Mariano

September 9th, 2013 21:00

Thanks Mariano for verifying. 

Yes, everything documented suggests that the fix is planned for the next release of the tool (whenever that may be).  In the meantime, at least there is a work-around as you have also confirmed.

No Events found!