Start a Conversation

Unsolved

I

25 Posts

September 4th, 2021 19:00

Exec Command Failure when SA runs

Hello all,

I have a new Ins 3891, when I ran SA (SupportAssist), I get the following result for the hardware scan, any suggestions? Please advise.

Hardware Scan Result (Manual) - Default scan - Exec Command Failed - September 4, 2021 9:19:12 PM

- Memory - Exec Command Failed

- CPU - Exec Command Failed

- Hard Drive - Exec Command Failed

- DVD-RW Drive - Exec Command Failed

- Video Card - Exec Command Failed

- Network Card - Exec Command Failed

- PCI Bridge - Exec Command Failed

- PCI Bus - Exec Command Failed

- Sound Card - Exec Command Failed

- HID - Exec Command Failed

- USB Composite - Exec Command Failed

- Bluetooth Device - Exec Command Failed

5 Practitioner

• 

2.4K Posts

September 5th, 2021 01:00

Obviously all those can not fail together, just a fluke and nothing is wrong with the hardware

Release Static charge and run the test again : disconnect charger while powered on and hold the power button down for 30 seconds, keep holding it even after it powers off. Run the test again, 

else reinstall support. 

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

September 6th, 2021 10:00

Don't run Support Assist on a brand new computer. Ignore that message.

September 10th, 2021 06:00

No problem

• 

25.7K Posts

September 13th, 2021 20:00

6. Once the services are deleted, check if the following folders remain. If they remain, delete them:
Folder: "C:\ProgramData\PCDr\"
Folder: "C:\ProgramData\SupportAssist"
Delete, Rename or drag the DellDataVault folder to the desktop, you will not be able to delete it: "C:\Program Files\Dell\DellDataVault"

7. Reboot the system and install the Support Assist application.

October 4th, 2021 11:00

i too have this  problem and dell has  said they have tried everything. Now they say it is a 501  error and that  they need to reinstall the operating system. I get the  above failures everytime  i run it. Have tested the hard ware  a on a different test all good.  the test is real fast does not take  time to  do it I hve the latest versio of support asist

October 4th, 2021 20:00

get the same thing   dell told me  I was the only one with this problem. Dell support has been working on this for a month now. Today     they had the  highest support team try and fix it. After repeatedly  for a month now telling me it   is not my computer. That is  an application error.   I get told today  that it is a dll  issue and that the only way to fix it is  a reinstall refresh. i said absolutely not . But   it appears that  I am not the only one after all.  I ay  as well just  totally uninstall support assist .  I just do not like  to e told one thing  and be assured it  is   the support assist app and then  today    i need  to re install the operating system. Yet  i run a hardware test  from another app and  it passes .               it could be fixed  and not be told  i need to  reinstall the operating system I said  absolutely no and lose everything

October 12th, 2021 08:00

evidently  Dell    has no response and  no real cure for this problem except to use their standard answer  when they have no clue. Reinstall the operating  system. Is it at all possible that whomever  set this version up    could have   caused this. I have  run multiple hardware tests from other sources and    it always passes so  installing the operating system is not an option they claim it is a dll error    then why did    ckh disk and   fsc scan now not  catch it or dism

• 

25.7K Posts

October 14th, 2021 11:00

Hi,

I'm Joe, one of the Supervisors at Dell Social Media Support. I was reviewing this case and I wanted to check if everything is on track. I see that the case was unresolved. We see you were having trouble with the SupportAssist. As part of our standard protocol, we often request our users to proceed with an OS reinstallation in order to make sure we have a clean environment in which the application can work itself into. For these cases we suggest keeping a backup of your files on an external hard drive or cloud service.  However, you also mentioned the reason you had that application installed was to get ahold of us. But rest assured. We can help out via this forum and we can try other methods of troubleshooting should the need of it arises, via Whatsapp, Facebook or even Twitter. Our resolution experts will be more than happy to assist you. Should you need anything else. please let us know. 

We'll go ahead and temporarily archive this ticket. If you need any further assistance, feel free to reach out to us, and we'll be glad to assist you. Here is the reference number for our conversation: 120353015.

Thanks for your time and patience with us.

Regards,
Joe W.
Supervisor 
Dell Social Media Team

October 17th, 2021 18:00

so you want me to  reinstall the entire operating system just because  the hard ware scan fails. That is just not the answer  i want.  and seems awfully harsh just for one application

No Events found!