Unsolved

J

1 Rookie

• 

22 Posts

November 25th, 2018 10:00

Inspiron 20 M 3048 All In One no sound?

Hi,

I have recently gotten this PC to stop displaying either nothing or just the cycling through the test colors by just replaing the motherboard battery..

Only now the sound isn't working?

I have updated through Windows and also here on Dell, installing the audio for this PC.

But there is still no sound. Anyone have a suggestion for fixing this?

Thanks,

John

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

November 25th, 2018 10:00

Check the audio playback setting.  "Speakers" (PC sound card) should be set as default audio playback device.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

November 26th, 2018 03:00

Thank you for your message. Have you tried connecting an external speaker or a headphone to the ports (on the side & at the back) to check if there is audio?

Run a hardware diagnostic by following the video on this link  http://bit.ly/2fJuGXB & click on the quick audio test option on the lower right corner & check if there is audio from the system speakers. This will help us diagnose if there is a hardware or driver issue.

1 Rookie

• 

22 Posts

November 26th, 2018 19:00

There is sound with a Turtle Beach - Earforce X11 heat set with both the USB and the regular plug plugged in, (both have to be plugged in for the sound to work).

I did the test on the F12 key testing the sound with no results, neither through the headset or the PC speakers.

So, it still is puzzling me as to what the issue is.

I will open up the PC to see if the speakers are disconnected? 

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

November 27th, 2018 05:00

Please start the computer in safe mode by following this link https://dell.to/2tPi85q & check if there is any audio without the Turtlebeach connected.

You don’t have to open the system to check if the speaker is faulty, run the quick audio test & if there is audio that confirms that the speakers are fine.

1 Rookie

• 

22 Posts

November 29th, 2018 16:00

In safe mode there is no audio, it says that no audio devices are installed.

The owner of the PC says that audio was working fine. I did open the PC to check for overheating issues but did not find any. 

Possibly I disconnected the speakers? That is way I was talking of opening up the PC to see if I did that.

Otherwise, I am still at a lose to understand the issue here?

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

November 30th, 2018 04:00

Did you get a chance to run the hardware diagnostics quick audio test?  If there is any beep heard during the test the speakers are fine & not disconnected.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

November 30th, 2018 08:00

What is the error message on the diagnostic?  Could you please share a screenshot of the error?

If there is no audio from the speakers in the diagnostic tool, it will be an issue with the faulty speaker. There will be no audio from the headphone as the test is one on the internal speaker & not the headphone.

1 Rookie

• 

22 Posts

November 30th, 2018 08:00

I did run the audio test with all the other test and there was no sound through the speakers or the head set?

There is sound through the head set during regular use of the PC but not the speakers. 

When running troubleshooting it seems to indicate an issue but unable to resolve it.

No Events found!