Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

2 Posts

September 15th, 2018 17:00

Inspiron 23, screen is top heavy fell forward

Bought an Inspiron 23. Had it less than a day when it fell forward all on its own because the desktop was top heavy, scared the life out of me. It fell on the desk and cracked the screen. Tried to use the "limited" warranty but it was no good. They wanted me to buy a full warranty before they would even talk to me. Never again will I purchase Dell. I'm usually an HP man but this is what happens when you're looking to spend less cash, you get what you paid for.  

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

September 16th, 2018 05:00

Sorry to hear of your bad luck.  However, this forum is primarily a users helping users forum.  Not a direct line to Dell.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

September 17th, 2018 14:00

Sorry for your problem...

If you bought this PC with your credit card, check with your card's issuer. Some credit cards offer additional warranty coverage, including extra coverage for brand new items that get lost, stolen or broken in first 30 days. 

So if you have -or can get- something in writing, like an email, from Dell saying they won't cover this broken screen, maybe your card company will help you out.

And be sure to find a way to support the top of the screen so you don't have another accident. I live in earthquake country, and I use 2 strong Velcro straps crisscrossed  around the base of my big monitor to hold it on my desk so it can't tip over. These straps are specifically made for this kind of protection, not the light-weight stuff you might find in a discount store. There are similar straps that Velcro to the back of a monitor and the other end attaches to a wall with screws. That might be better if you don't want to attach Velcro to the top of a nice desk or table. But you have to remember to remove the wall strap from the monitor if you want to move the desk. :Wink:

Also make sure the desk/table is solid and stable so if someone/something bumps into it, the PC won't take a swan dive.

No Events found!