Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

2 Posts

July 26th, 2018 06:00

Inspiron 24-5477, display not working

Hello,

What is the solution for this display problem? It's been only 2 weeks since I bought it. I have also attached the Images below.

IMG-0164.JPGIMG-0165.JPG

Community Manager

• 

54.5K Posts

July 26th, 2018 09:00

* Purchased from whom?
* What Dell monitor model?
* Is it attached to a Dell Inspiron Desktop PC?

July 26th, 2018 18:00

Hi Chris,

Now, the monitor is fine. I don't know how it got fixed but I fear the problem might resurface again.

Purchased from Bestbuy.

Model: Inspiron 5477 AIO

The link is provided below.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-inspiron-23-8-touch-screen-all-in-one-intel-core-i7-12gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-silver/6239842.p?skuId=6239842

July 26th, 2018 20:00

I, too, had the same problem with the same model--twice! First one was purchased from Best Buy 3 weeks ago. That monitor failed in about a week. Dell Support said the problem was a defect, so I exchanged the AIO for the same model and I found my second AIO in a dimmed state this morning. I spent and wasted several hours with tech support, today. From the beginning, I was asking about known issues and got absolutely nowhere until I forced my way up the food chain.

The supervisor did something to the machine, then I was told that by shutting off the machine and unplugging it for 24 hours, it would be fine. That process was characterized as a "workaround" until an August 8 update would be available. I do not know if this is true. I do know that the supervisor said he would send me a follow up email with his contact info, but that never arrived.

I also know that I have spent hours setting up two different computers from Dell. Fortunately, I am still in Best Buys 2-week return window.

1 Message

July 26th, 2018 22:00

I have the same problem.  I bought my PC from directly from Dell online.

I have been given the run around for the last month.  An engineer has been round and replaced the LCD but the problem resurfaced after 3 days.

I have asked for a replacement.

I did not expect this type of 'customer service' from a company like Dell, a very poor performance!

Community Manager

• 

54.5K Posts

July 27th, 2018 08:00

The fact that the LCD was replaced and it did not correct the issue, means the fault was either the GeForce GTX 1050, its driver, or some operating system fault.

Millie Pro,
If you get an email from that supervisor, copy and send it to me via private message.

Troubleshooting =
* Download/re-install the GeForce GTX 1050 driver<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

. When done, restart the Inspiron 24-5477
* If the display goes dark, press and hold in the power button for 4 seconds. Then press it again to power on. Does the display work when you do this?

August 3rd, 2018 07:00

After hours with Dell support, the screen issue appeared to be resolved by last Friday. This morning it resurfaced. This is now the third time the problem has arisen and on two separate machines.

Community Manager

• 

54.5K Posts

August 3rd, 2018 08:00

All,

I wonder if this is actually a driver problem. To test this =

Download and reinstall the Intel Chipset Device Software Driver. If Windows says it is older, ignore that and force the installation. When done, restart the PC

Download and reinstall the Intel HD Graphics<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

Driver. If Windows says it is older, ignore that and force the installation. When done, restart the PC

If your specific Inspiron 24-5477 has the added GeForce GTX 1050;
Download and reinstall the GeForce GTX 1050 driver. If Windows says it is older, ignore that and force the installation. When done, restart the PC.

Any change in the issue?

2 Posts

August 15th, 2018 18:00

I am also having display problems with the 5477 AIO (Intel 630 graphics). I am on my second unit as well. The first one started flickering and had a bright white boarder on all sides of the screen after a few days use. The replacement was fine for a few weeks then today it has big offset white box on the screen that won't go away. It's there during the POST and BIOS screens (tried a reset) as well as in Windows. It is also on the HDMI screen when I push the button. I have pulled the power out, rebooted, shutdown, run the updates (windows and Dell), and nothing fixes it.

I guess I just have to return it and find a different solution.BootScreen.JPGStartup.JPGWindows.JPG

1 Message

August 27th, 2018 15:00

I’m having the exact same issue... I’m on my second AIO purchased from Best Buy within the month... I have tried all the “fixes” but nothing has resolved the problem... iv called dell tech support several times and receive no help... they want me to pay to package and ship it to one of their TX locations...

1 Message

September 12th, 2018 17:00

I purchased directly from Dell. I called and worked with Dell support tech. He cannot resolve the issue. They send me a replacement. You guess it, the same  happen and worst than the first one.

October 2nd, 2018 10:00

I am having the same issues. I received my new computer on 8-14-18. I have sent it back to Dell once already (9-12-18) and they "fixed" it..... returned it 9-24-18. Now it's happening again (10-2-18). I have to send it back again and once again pay $50 to insure it to make sure nothing happens in shipping.

I used to swear by Dell. Now, I will NEVER again buy a computer from them if they don't make this right (and not by replacing this computer with the same model because apparently there is a much bigger issue).Why do I feel like I should've gone with a Mac.

Without a computer once again.....

VERY FRUSTRATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Message

October 11th, 2018 07:00

Same issue here.  Seems to go away with MS updates and then resurfaces shortly after.  Looking for a solution, but the only direction we've gotten from Dell is "send it to us on your dime."  If I send it back it will not be for another Dell based on the feedback I'm seeing here re: this being a consistent issue with this product line.

1 Message

October 26th, 2018 20:00

Has there been a solution to the display issue? Mine looks similar to the first photo except I have 2 vertical shaded columns. There is a also a faint flickering.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

October 29th, 2018 07:00

Thank you for your message. I will be glad to assist you with this.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

Click here to find the service tag -  https://dell.to/2xXUCUW

Community Manager

• 

54.5K Posts

November 8th, 2018 08:00

* Download the firmware updater tool and follow the on screen instructions to complete the firmware update

* Run the scalar firmware update tool 

* Run the rolling pattern tool and wait for two hours. After two hours, press the Esc button to quit the application and restart the PC to complete the updates

No Events found!