Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 10th, 2019 10:00

Inspiron 27-7777 AIO Slow Download but High Upload Speed

Hi all, 

Since a day or so my 27 Inch AIO started showing a strange pattern in download speeds. The computer suddenly shows a maximum of (around) 10mbps download speed whereas the upload speed is 250mbps. Previously these two were at the same level (both at 250mbps). I have tried various things to find out what is the cause but so far no results, see the list below:

1. Tried the speed test via both Wi-Fi and LAN, both show 10mbps download speed.

2. Tried to run the same speed test with other devices to check if there is something faulty in the router but all the other used devices showed 250/250 mbps.

3. Tried disabling SmartByte Network Services, this resulted in no internet availability at all so I enabled it again. 

4. Tried setting the PC back to an earlier stage, this also did not work.

5. Tried updating the device etc. but everything is up to date.

I'm at the end of my knowledge here, does anyone of you perhaps know what to do?

Thanks in advance, Jurjen

September 10th, 2019 23:00

Hi Ron,

Is there a way to re-install Smartbyte later on in case I will still have no internet?

Only the 27-7777 is having this problem, the rest has equal download and upload speeds at 250/250

I have tried rebooting the router, unfortunately no results.

I have not contacted them since I am not experiencing the same problem on any other device. In that case it kind of isolates the problem to the 27-7777.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

September 10th, 2019 11:00

I'd uninstall SmartByte, not just disable it. You should be able to get rid of it without blocking internet access.

Are other devices on your network having the same problem or just the 27-7777?

Have you tried rebooting the router/modem?

Have you contacted your ISP? Maybe the problem is on their end...?

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

September 11th, 2019 10:00

You can download SmartByte from the support page for free onto a USB stick, if you need it, and then install on the 7777.  Are you currently using the latest version, 2.5.719, A03 of SmartByte?

Do you have the latest drivers for Intel chipsets, your Ethernet, and WiFi card installed?

Have you scanned this PC thoroughly for malware?

BTW: You haven't solved the problem yet so why did you mark your last post as the solution? The forum shows this thread as "solved" and that might discourage other users with better ideas than I have from reading this thread and helping you. You might want to unmark that post as the solution.

No Events found!