Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 15th, 2019 16:00

Inspiron 3668, updates

I just received notifications on the Dell Updater program that I have several updates available. Most are drivers and something to do with the bluetooth.  When I looked at details to see what it wanted to download, the drivers are older than what I have installed now. I have a subscription to Easy Driver Updater that handles all the driver updates on my Desktop and laptop.  Should I just ignore the Dell updater and rely on Easy Driver Updater ? It's been working well for me for a while. Had this desktop for a little over a year and this is the 1st time Dell Updater has alerted me about new updates.

7 Technologist

• 

12.1K Posts

March 15th, 2019 16:00

Dell dates on the updates can be confusing at best sometimes. Basically if you feel the drivers you have are newer and especially if your system is humming right along right now, why mess with success. Dell updater notifications are only suggestions and are not mandatory. The only time you might want to consider it is if the update is critical or urgent. Then look at the problems it addresses and if it does not apply to you then ignore it. That is doubly true for BIOS updates. If your system runs fine then I would not update the BIOS, again unless it fixes a critical problem and then you can decide whether the update is really a must have. My Inspiron 5575 is running great and I have never installed a BIOS update. The old if it aint broke axiom is a good rule of thumb.

March 16th, 2019 07:00

Makes sense and I thank you for your time and prompt response.  :Star:

7 Technologist

• 

12.1K Posts

March 16th, 2019 17:00

Glad to help out!

18 Posts

February 10th, 2023 18:00

That's a terrible answer.  I'm trying to troubleshoot why my internet connection intermittently drops and is so slow.  I'm trying to update drivers and such.  Dell says some updates are "recommended".  I can't even download them on the Dell.  I have to use a flashdrive on another pc.  Then there some firmwareTPM.exe error that shows up in maintenance.  There are threads saying dell is aware of the problem but nothing from DELL.  I'll NEVER buy another Dell, it really has been disappointing along with Windows 10/11.

No Events found!