Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

I

July 20th, 2018 06:00

Inspiron One 2205, black screen

My Inspiron One 2205 won’t power on. The plug light is blue and the power button is white. I haven’t used this computer in over a year. Recently enroll for online classes and now my computer doesn’t work. Can someone assist in this matter?

• 

17K Posts

July 20th, 2018 07:00

Indiaw,

Start the computer and tap the F8 key immediately to see if you can choose safe mode from the advanced screen.

The light on the button indicates the following power states:

Solid amber: The computer has detected an error during Power-on self-test (POST).
Breathing amber: The computer is in sleep/standby state. There is a possibility of system facing an issue.
Solid white: The computer is ON.
Off: The computer is off or in hibernate state

2 Posts

July 20th, 2018 07:00

Thank you for replying, the model is an Inspiron one 2205 windows 7. Nothing happens when I hold f8, the screen is still black 

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

July 20th, 2018 19:00

If you haven't used it in a year, chances are the motherboard battery died. So I'd replace that before going further, if nothing else than to rule the battery out. It's a CR2032 3-volt coin cell battery, ~$2 at discount stores.

Read the Service Manual for instructions to replace the battery. Since this is an All-In-One, replacing the battery is more complicated than for a regular desktop. So if this isn't something you can do yourself, maybe you have a geeky friend who can help...

No Events found!