Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

B

1 Message

August 3rd, 2018 19:00

USB device not recognized

Hi, i need some help asap. I keep getting notified of a "usb device not recognized" " last usb you used malfunctioned and the computer did not recognize it." But i have yet to plug in anything to my desktop for the last month, I have no idea to fix it, but the notifications are very annoying. Can someone please help?

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

August 4th, 2018 03:00

What is your PC model number and OS?  Always include that on any initial problem post.  Can be critical to getting a problem resolved. 

However, a general suggestion.  Display the Device Manager and specifically the USB section.  If there is an unknown device listed in the USB section, uninstall it in the Device Manager.  Then restart the PC and check the Device Manager to see if it is gone.  If it is, this MAY resolve your problem.

22 Posts

August 8th, 2018 18:00

Generally, many reasons are responsible for usb device not recognized, some of them include:
1.Have connected USB drive via bad USB port.
2.USB flash drive has a corrupted registry entry.
3.There are damaged files or bad sectors on the stick.
4.Samsung USB drive is not been formatted correctly.

Corresponding solutions:

1.connect your usb to another device, or another good usb port
2.remove the corrupted registry entry:
(1)Run regedit.exe to lift Registry Editor,
(2)Navigate to the key below and delete it only. Restart your computer and re-plug the Samsung USB and try again.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentContolSet\Enum\USB\VID_0781&PID_7101 and/or VID_0000

3.Check disk error on Samsung USB drive:
Open Windows File Explorer and right click your Samsung USB drive. Head to Properties > Tools > Check > Start.
4.Reformat the usb

No Events found!