Start a Conversation

Unsolved

V

10 Posts

January 15th, 2020 15:00

mouse stopping

my mouse is driving me crazy it will stop for a couple of seconds then start working again sometimes it happens like every 10 sec. I thought it was a game I was playing so I tried another, same thing sdo I went to my cesk top same thing, sometimes it makes a sound like ding dong and it will stay dead for a couple of minutes then ding and comes back.!!!!

65 Posts

January 15th, 2020 16:00

Can you provide us more information what is the model of your Dell computer that this is affecting, is this a wireless mouse with a dongle or is this a Bluetooth mouse?  The sounds you're talking about is when a device connects and disconnects so I'm guessing we're dealing with a battery operated mouse here.  Are there any lights on the mouse?  Usually if the battery needs replacing or charging the mouse will have a red light that flashes when you are using it.  Is this the mouse that was supplied with the computer?  Before this started happening did you receive any pop up messages on your computer?  If the mouse had software that you installed sometimes that will also display a message that your batteries are low.  When I switched from my iMac to this computer it had a rechargeable BT keyboard and mouse and when one of them needed charged a message would pop up on the top right of my screen that said "Mouse Battery very low" then "Mouse battery empty" when the second message for either device popped up said device would stop working.  

2 Intern

• 

20.1K Posts

January 20th, 2020 12:00

Try a new mouse. They do wear out. A wired one is cheap. Handy to have extra mouse and kb to use for testing.

65 Posts

January 20th, 2020 16:00

Even the wireless mice are cheap these days now they won't have all the bells and whistles like say being able to change the DPI of the laser like the Razer Death Adder mouse but the batteries are generally included.  It's just the matter of whether you are ok with a traveler sized mouse or you need one that's full size.  with my big hands I had to spring for a full sized cordless mouse.  

25 Posts

January 23rd, 2020 11:00

You need to provide the product code of your laptop.

Most of the time, the problem you face happens when the device in question becomes old and underpowered to handle the performance demands.

The best solution would be to find out the most recent compatible processor and GPU for the motherboard you use and use the new processor to help you do your work.

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

January 24th, 2020 05:00

The audible sound means its disconnecting via usb.

Most likely issue is that the cable is breaking.

This means the mouse must be physically replaced as there is a break in the cable.

No Events found!