Start a Conversation

Unsolved

P

2 Posts

October 7th, 2018 08:00

2nd Monitor showing "No Signal"

Hi,

2 days ago i bought a new monitor, which came in with a USB-C-DisplayPort cable that supports 4k60hz. Problem is, that when i try to connect the monitor to laptop and the 1st monitor at the same time, the USB-C one shows "No Signal". When i plug in only one of them everything works fine. I´ve checked setting in Windows10 and it recognises all 3 displays  ( laptop, 1st monitor, 2ns monitor ). NVIDIA shows only the first, HDMI monitor, meanwhile Intel shows only USB-C monitor. I want to have them connected at the same time.

Thanks for help and sorry for my bad english. Peta Dedic

9 Legend

• 

14K Posts

October 7th, 2018 10:00

Please identify the specific laptop model you’re using, and please also provide more detail about the “1st monitor”, including its resolution and how you’re connecting it to the system.

2 Posts

October 7th, 2018 13:00

Laptot is Dell Inspirion 15 7000 Gaming, it has GTX1060 MaxQ design and  i5 7300.

monitor im trying to connect with HDMI ( graphics card ) is LG Flatron m2794DP and resolution is 1080p 59hz.

second monitor im trying to connect with USB-C - DisplayPort   is Philips bdm3275 and resolution is 2160p 60Hz.

USB-C cable supports 4k at 60hz, i´ve tested it

9 Legend

• 

14K Posts

October 8th, 2018 12:00

Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming is not a specific model.  That refers to an entire series of models, but since you mentioned the CPU and GPU I can see that you have an Inspiron 7577.

Ok, it sounds like this may be a system where the Intel GPU controls the USB-C output and the NVIDIA GPU controls the HDMI output.  Normally the Intel GPU is physically wired to all display outputs, but there are some gaming-related benefits to allowing the NVIDIA GPU to directly control certain outputs.  That's probably why you're only seeing one display in the Intel settings and the other display in the NVIDIA settings.  However, if Windows is able to detect all 3 displays when you check under Settings > Display, what happens if you go there simply select each display and choose "Extend"?  Sometimes additional displays aren't activated automatically when they're connected, but that doesn't mean that it isn't possible to use them.  You might just have to manually configure your desired setup.  Once you do that the first time, it should remember the desired configuration going forward.

7 Posts

October 8th, 2018 15:00

I have issue with G5

when I plug Wacom cintiq into usb-c port. Wacom doesn't recognize.

keyboard mouse lagging freezin stacking something wrong ?!............

power manager pops up warn -  "You have attached a power adapter to a port that does not accept power." 

how to fix it?

it works fine before BIOS UPDATE Smiley Sad

9 Legend

• 

14K Posts

October 8th, 2018 16:00

@nengun wrote:

I have issue with G5

when I plug Wacom cintiq into usb-c port. Wacom doesn't recognize.

keyboard mouse lagging freezin stacking something wrong ?!............

power manager pops up warn -  "You have attached a power adapter to a port that does not accept power." 

how to fix it?

it works fine before BIOS UPDATE Smiley Sad

This is a completely separate issue involving a completely separate system model. You should create your own thread about this rather than hijacking someone else's.  It will give your issue more visibility and keep this thread focused on its intended topic.

1 Rookie

• 

16 Posts

July 18th, 2020 09:00

@PetaDedic @jphughan I have the same the issue  using a brand new Dell XPS 15 9500 together with a Dell monitor P2719HC and another Dell monitor U2415.
- It does not work at all with the 2 external monitors. I end up seeing the 3 displays for 5 to 10 seconds, then the system freezes.
- Using only the P2719HC with usb-c, I still have problems as it looses the usb-c signal, quiet often and for random amount of times.

Note that I have other issues on this brand new  Dell XPS 15 9500, such as random system freezes and video freezes.

9 Legend

• 

14K Posts

July 18th, 2020 09:00

@oGeraldo  My guess is that this will turn out to be a firmware issue.  Connecting a pair of 1920x1080/1200 displays is pretty basic functionality and there's nothing new about such displays, but the XPS 15 9500 is new, and since the also-new XPS 13 9300 seems to be having a bunch of USB-C/TB3 issues that seem to be firmware-related, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case with the XPS 15 9500 as well.  Unfortunately buggy product launches have become something of a norm these days since everything can always be updated later.

Just fyi though, if you've got the XPS 15 9500 connected to the P2719HC using a regular USB-C cable, don't rely on that as a power source.  The XPS 15 9500 is designed for a 130W power source, which is more than the P2719HC supports providing, so if the display is the only attached power source, the system will respond by reducing its power consumption in order to try to adapt to that undersized power source, and that adaptation will take the form of reduced battery charging speed and throttled performance.

1 Rookie

• 

16 Posts

July 20th, 2020 04:00

@jphughan Thanks for your reply. Would you have any idea of when this firmware could be released? Could it fix the sytem freeze, and video freeze as well? I know the video freeze is a problem other users have had. 

I always used the Dell XPS 15 9500 with the 130W power source. Would you have any idea why the daisy chaining would not work? I was recommended to change the P2719HC with a more expensive model : U2719DC or U2721DE.

9 Legend

• 

14K Posts

July 20th, 2020 07:00

@oGeraldo  I don't have any way of knowing Dell's firmware update release timeframe, and as I said I'm not even 100% sure that that's the issue.  It's just my guess.  I'm not familiar with the system and video freeze issues, but I could imagine system-level firmware being responsible for behavior like that.  Daisy chaining should work even with a P2719HC, although I remember one case a while back where someone was trying to daisy chain a P and U Series display together.  I don't remember if they were the P2719 and U2719 specifically, but it was something like that where the display models were identical except for that first character.  The OP found that having the P Series display first in the chain didn't allow the U Series display to work, but simply flipping the sequence of the daisy chain around allowed both to work perfectly.  There's no reason that that should have been necessary, and the documentation of the P Series display confirmed that it supported daisy chaining (as did the existence of a DP Out/MST port), but I guess that's the tech world for you....

No Events found!