Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

July 24th, 2020 11:00

Beeping and won’t start

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series laptop that continuously beeps when I press the power button. There aren’t a certain number of beeps, it just keeps going. Beep beep beep beep with no pauses in between. The beeping isn’t super fast, it has a pace but it doesn’t stop. By the time you’re done saying beep, it beeps again. The continuous beeping is really loud and only stops when I press the power button again. This has never happened before and I’ve never had any issues with this laptop. 

Please help! I don’t have money or time to get another one

10 Elder

• 

24.7K Posts

July 24th, 2020 12:00

Reset:  power off, unplug. Disconnect the battery.  Hold the power button for 30 sec.

Then reconnect the battery and try again.  If you get the same single-beep repeating code, it's a bad system board.  The mainboard will need replacement.

If you need a part reference, post the full model number (Inspiron 3521, 3558, etc.) and the CPU you have and someone can recommend a replacement part and source.

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

July 24th, 2020 12:00

Thanks, I managed to fix it. I left it off for a bit and then plugged the charger back in and powered it on (there were no beeps and it loaded up). Everything is working fine now. If the problem happens again I’ll post again. 

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

September 8th, 2024 10:12

I have dell laptop it is power is on but screen is black and beep sound is coming. power off, unplug. Disconnect the battery. Hold the power button for 30 sec.

Then reconnect the battery and try again. I have done this process but it the screen is not displaying anything it is continuously black and beep sound is comming. I have insert the the new ram also but the problem is not. Solved. Please tell what is the problem and the charges for repairing it. 

No Events found!