Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

2 Posts

March 16th, 2019 21:00

Black screen after change to boot legacy

Hi,

I just bought a dell inspiron 7000 2 in 1 and I wanted to change from windows 10 to ubuntu

So, to boot from the USB drive I had to change boot to legacy, and so I did.

I did install ubuntu removing all windows partitions and creating just one to install ubuntu

After it, the laptop doesn't start anymore.

When I turn the laptop on it stays on a black screen and even the Dell logo doesn't appear.

And the light close to the power wire blinks 4 times white and 3 times orange.

I've created a windows bootable USB drive with windows to see installing windows again the computer would work normally again but it didn't work.

I've downloaded the Bios file and copied it into a USB drive to try to recover the boot but also didn't work.

Can anybody help me with this?

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

March 18th, 2019 06:00

Hi diegocmsantos,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

Please post your exact model number for your computer so we can give a more informed answer to your question, otherwise, here is a general answer you may find helpful:

Below is the diagnostic LED patterns and what they mean. If you have the 3,4 you have a recovery image failure. Try using the recovery image for the system with the os that came from the factory.

LED Codes

The LED Code devises a unique blinking pattern in two groups to indicate the error on the system. The first group (Amber color) of LED blinks (1 through 9) followed by a brief pause, and then a second group (White color) of LED blinks (1 through 9) with a longer pause before repeating over again.

No Events found!