Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

2 Intern

• 

1.5K Posts

November 3rd, 2019 09:00

Bluetooth no button to turn on

Ok, I got one that has me stumped. At some point, I turned off Bluetooth, Using Samsung Buds you have to turn off Bluetooth on nearby devices, to get them to log on the device you want to use them with.

So now I am noticing that Bluetooth is turned off and I can't seem to find any button or switch to turn it back on.

The Bluetooth Network Icon is gone in Change adapter options?

There is no Icon in the Action Center, I haven't been able to find a way to get it back in there?

In Windows Settings "Devices", there is no switch to turn Bluetooth back on? and all the devices i had paired to this computer are showing Bluetooth is turned off?

In Device Manager, I don't find on reference to Bluetooth anywhere

I have installed the latest version Intel Bluetooth for this particular notebook.

I have uninstalled this Bluetooth Driver, Rebooted 

Installed the latest Bluetooth driver again, still no Bluetooth

My Windows is up to date 18362.449

All drivers are up to date as per my service tag number.

2 Intern

• 

1.5K Posts

November 6th, 2019 16:00

The solution was to replace the Wi-Fi card. If anyone is interested in the card I,  got, It works very well, My Internet speeds are 200 down and 10 up, I get all of that with this card. On Amazon, they add said Dell compatible and listed some G models and other high-end Dell models no Insprion's was listed. I couldn't be happier 9560 AC NGW 

I pulled the old 9560AC card out and installed the 9560AC NGW card and booted up, the original Dell driver works for it. Just went straight to SpeedTest I'm running 228mbps down 11.63 up 9ms Ping

Community Manager

• 

2.4K Posts

August 4th, 2023 22:00

Helpful video: 

Additional video that might help with BIOS settings:

(edited)

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

November 3rd, 2019 09:00

2 Intern

• 

1.5K Posts

November 3rd, 2019 12:00

Yes Mary as I stated in my post, there is no turn-on button in All Settings/devices/Bluetooth

2 Intern

• 

1.5K Posts

November 3rd, 2019 14:00

Update, I also find that wireless is not working either, Wireless card does show up in Device manager, the on off button in windows action center does not turn it on.

All setting/network/wi-fi button is there but not turning Wi-Fi back on.

I think this card has failed, @U2CAMEB4ME any comments on this issue

I have ordered a, Wireless WiFi Card for Intel 9560AC NGW, 1730Mbps 2.4G/5G Dual Band Bluetooth 5.0 Network Card 

This will be a bit of an upgrade card over the current 9660AC card.

I have the next day in house repair however for the price of this card and ease of installation I don't want to let some random tech into my computer. any comments welcome. Otherwise, I'll update Tuesday when the new card arrives from Amazon 

4 Posts

March 15th, 2021 20:00

Go into “Device Manager” under Bluetooth, open the Driver’s window, click “Enable”.  Worked for me.  

May 30th, 2022 16:00

So you changed the wifi card and the bluetooth started working again?

2 Intern

• 

1.5K Posts

May 31st, 2022 14:00

Yes, with the new card both BT and WiFi worked as it should

1 Message

December 21st, 2022 07:00

I had a similar issue and was prepared to go into the office to get the WIFI replaced. My office support team signed into my machine and did a BIOS Update. They updated the BIOS on my machine and it gave me an on/off switch in Settings for Bluetooth. I re-paired my keyboard and mouse and now am working. I am wondering when you changed your WIFI card, did you have to do a BIOS update? Anyway it sounds like you have a faster card now. I enjoyed these posts:)

No Events found!