Start a Conversation

Unsolved

G

6 Posts

March 9th, 2020 12:00

Brand new today but VERY stiff hinge and loose trackpad

Hello everyone

I wonder if you can please help. I bought a new Dell Inspiron 3584 which arrived this afternoon in rather badly bashed packaging.

The problems are that the hinges are VERY stiff. So much so that I am sure the screen will break due to the force required to open the laptop. So after setting it up I closed the lid but am not using it again.

Also, the touchpad is very loose. Lots of free play.

Otherwise I really like the laptop. So all of this is a great shame. It seems to be a big improvement on the Dell it is replacing which I was happy with but this is lighter and quicker.

I don't know what to do because it took so long to arrive that the thought of it having to post it back and then repaired and then returned to me is very disappointing. Also, it means no access to emails for quite some time.

Any suggestions on a way forward?

Thanks for any help.

March 9th, 2020 13:00

Dell have asked me to send a video demonstrating that the hinges are indeed stiff.

I have no idea how to do such a thing.

Because all you can see is the lid opening.

On top of that it may break the screen.

Can anyone please explain how I can make a video which demonstrates that the hinges are stiff. I have no idea how you can do that .

• 

25.7K Posts

March 9th, 2020 14:00

Hi,
I have replied to your private message.
Regards,
Mausam

March 11th, 2020 04:00

Unhappy customer

I bought a new laptop from Dell. It had two faults.

After an extensive exchange of messages it was agreed that an engineer would visit me at home to repair it.

BUT they couldn't give me an appointment. I asked yesterday and was told it was booked for today if they can get the parts?

Then today I missed the call from the engineer - I am old and my hearing is not good.

I have tried phoning back but no response.

It's an impossible situation. Dell won't give a definite commitment to a time for an appointment. And then if you miss a call you are left in limbo.

Furthermore, don't Dell have a computer system??? Because if they do then they should know if they have the parts. How come they can only decide if they have the parts on the morning of the day when they try to make an appointment.

I've been buying Dell computers for decades literally. And I recommend them to my friends. We have 3 Dells in this house - desktop and two laptops.

But this experience has been and still is, very disappointing. I expect better from Dell especially with a brand new machine that only arrived this week.

What happens now? Will it be weeks before they make an appointment (if they do such a thing) or will it be today??

Does anyone know their procedures. Thanks for any help

• 

25.7K Posts

March 11th, 2020 17:00

Hi,
I am sorry to hear that you missed the service engineer's call. The parts have been delivered and collected by our service technician. They are ready for service. 
Don't worry, I will have this rescheduled. Could you let me know a preferred two-hour time slot for the service between 9 am to 6 pm (Monday to Friday) and an alternate number so that they could call you on this number if you're not available on the primary number?

Regards,
Mausam

No Events found!