97 Posts

April 2nd, 2019 11:00

Can i connect 4 monitors on an nvidia gtx 1070ti

Can you help with this?

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

April 2nd, 2019 12:00

What system are you asking about?  Even if the system has a GTX 1070 Ti installed, it doesn't mean that any display outputs are wired to it.  On some systems, all outputs are wired to the Intel GPU, and the NVIDIA GPU uses NVIDIA Optimus to act as a render-only device to pass completed video frames to the Intel GPU for output to displays.  In this setup, it wouldn't matter how many displays the NVIDIA GPU supported because it wasn't directly controlling any of them.  Intel GPUs today only support a maximum of 3 displays.  However, there are other systems that have some outputs wired to the Intel GPU and others wired to the NVIDIA GPU, in which case you might be able to use more.  And then you can always use DisplayLink adapters to add more displays regardless of GPU limits, but DisplayLink has some fairly significant drawbacks that I've explained in this thread, specifically the post marked as the answer.

If you already have the system you're asking about, open NVIDIA Control Panel.  In either the multi-display configuration area or the PhysX area (I can't remember which offhand), you will see a diagram showing which display outputs are wired to which GPU.  What does that look like on your system?  That will help determine how many displays you can use without resorting to DisplayLink.

No Events found!