Inspiron

Last reply by 09-20-2022 Solved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Command Center AlienFX issue on G15 5511

I received my Dell G15 5511 today and when I open the AWCC, it show up "No Supported AlienFX devices was detected." and my Home and FX tab was missing. I never used this before. This is brand new pc!!!

Replies (26)

I have the same problem, and I have tried everything I saw

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Yes i have the same problem.well atleast i know im not the only one facing this problem.dell please do something.buggy software? No solution until today this is very dissapointib from dell

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

I can't change my keyboard color at all because the FX doesn't appear on my Alien. I've done everything, uninstalled and installed, everything and I can't.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Thought id jump on the waggon as a Dell G15 5155 user with the same issue and i have gone through all the forms and all the reddits everything i could think of its 2 years since this laptop launched and still no fix like what the heck Dell please i need this fixed as my laptop is very important, and id hate to go public with all these issues 

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Nearly the same issues here, with a G15 5515 I think it was, it's not the computer I'm currently typing on. The laptop is literally 5 days old now so no I'm not reinstalling the OS as others stated earlier in the thread. I'm also on incredibly limited bandwidth and it's absolutely not an option to keep trying to redownload and install these programs over and over.

My issue started upon opening the AWCC for the first time. It was trying to do an update and was stuck at 70% and never continued. From that point anytime I tried to open it the program comes up and a notification pops up saying it's trying to get things ready and it could take 30sec or more. Nothing happens after 20 minutes.  Best info I could find the other night was to uninstall and redownload. That didn't work. Instead it installed "Alienware Command Center Package Manager". It never installed the program itself, just whatever the Package  Manager is. AWCC will not reinstall. I've tried to download a previous version and same result, Package Manager and no actual program. From the PM it tells me I can "Add Packages", "Repair Packages", or Remove everything. I've done each option many times and the results are the same. Adding looks like it adds stuff but upon restarting it added nothing. Repair gives an error stating it was interrupted (no error code) and then says it's waiting on a restart which had been done far too many times and made no difference. 

I had to fight for 2 days to get Windows Updates to work properly and then SupportAssist is completely broken as well as AWCC.  Dell, your software and PCs are riddled with issues. That laptop will be the last Dell product I ever buy at this rate. This computer I'm on now is on the edge of crashing. Dell computer and guess what? Issues from Day 1 (2yrs ago now, yep, it hasn't hardly even had a life yet). Previous computer this replaced? Yep, another Dell, big surprise, it had issues from the very start as well. That's now 2 Desktops and 1 laptop of yours I've owned that have been nothing but problems from day 1.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Apparently I can't edit my post again. I attempted to grab it through the MS store like somebody else mentioned and it shows on my programs again now at least but I'm back to the exact same problem I had originally. I load it, a notification at the bottom right from Windows states it's loading and needs a moment and could take 30sec or more. Yet the program is stuck in an infinite loading loop and there is no response with the internet, CPU or HD with this program at all. It has been going for 30 minutes like this now and nothing. Here's a screenshot of what I see. THis is what I saw the other day too and it has never done anything beyond this.

AWCC_infiniteloading.png

There are no errors tied to this program in Event Viewer anywhere.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

I just wanted to post that I have solved my issue with the AWCC finally. There was an error in Event Viewer but it came up at the time Windows would boot, not within the time range of booting the program. The error was clearly caused by Microsoft somehow but I just now solved it tonight finally thanks to another random post from a Dell user on these forums who posted it was their solution as well. The issue was that Windows Update did not pick up the Visual C++ Runtime updates so I had to download them from the Microsoft site. As soon as they were installed the program instantly started up, downloaded the other bits and pieces and worked like a charm. I now have my temperature view and fan control available to me finally. I do however get the error now that the original poster listed about "no supported AlienFX devices found...", but the program is working now so that's all I care about at the moment.

For anybody else stuck on a similar issue as mine based on the screenshot I showed above the info I provided then you might look into the Visual C++ Runtime files and see if that helps you out as well.

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor