Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 17th, 2018 09:00

Dell 7559 froze

I have a Dell Inspiron 7559. Today while playing a game, the keyboard and the power button stopped responding. Somehow I managed to reach the power options and selected to restart my laptop, but screen froze at the restart screen. All the updates are up to date. Please update me with what to do (I am currently waiting for the battery to drain out )

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

March 18th, 2018 10:00

:BigSmile:

You remove battery and press Power On button for about 30 seconds to drain residual power as ejn63 suggested in link above? If no, I suggest you do so as removing battery usually fix this memory error. If yes, you tried to reseat Memory ? If no, please do so. The system has two memory slots (Dual‑channel DDR3L). Please view Service Manual in link below.

Support for Inspiron 15 7000 Series 7559 | Manuals ... - Dell

Also, watch video in link below, hopefully it will be a help to you.

Dell Inspiron 15-7559 (P57F002) Memory How-To Video Tutorial

https://youtu.be/crPZtznfk4k

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

March 17th, 2018 14:00

@Frank_48wrote:
I have a Dell Inspiron 7559. Today while playing a game, the keyboard and the power button stopped responding. Somehow I managed to reach the power options and selected to restart my laptop, but screen froze at the restart screen. All the updates are up to date. Please update me with what to do (I am currently waiting for the battery to drain out )

Run a full diagnostics on your laptop.

6 Posts

March 17th, 2018 22:00

@ieee488 Thank you for your speedy reply.

I did run a diagnostics scan and found :

Memory test failed (advanced pattern test ) error code : WME22-06O

"The pattern written (AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA) did not match the pattern read (A2AAAAAAAAAAAAAA) at the physical address (00000002D59C31B8). The pattern difference was: 0800000000000000."

Other components seem to be fine 

Any idea what to do ?

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

March 18th, 2018 08:00

@Frank_48wrote:

@ieee488 Thank you for your speedy reply.

I did run a diagnostics scan and found :

Memory test failed (advanced pattern test ) error code : WME22-06O

"The pattern written (AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA) did not match the pattern read (A2AAAAAAAAAAAAAA) at the physical address (00000002D59C31B8). The pattern difference was: 0800000000000000."

Other components seem to be fine 

Any idea what to do ?

This was continued and answered over at https://www.dell.com/community/Inspiron/error-code-WME22-06O-supportscan/m-p/6039518#M16290

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

March 18th, 2018 10:00

If computer up and running again after removing either battery or Memory.....

I suggest you run System File Checker. It scan for any corrupted system files that could be causing problems and fix those corrupt files as well. It also known to fix files related to Memory Management

a) Press Windows key + X key at the same time, select Command prompt (Admin)
b) In the command prompt type the following command: sfc/scannow and press enter

I also suggest you consider using (upgrading) the maximum amount of 16G (Memory) for best performance, fill all slots with the max allowed memory per slots. The supported memory configurations are 4 GB, 8 GB, 12 GB, and 16G.

Inspiron 15 7559 Specifications:

http://downloads.dell.com/manuals/all-products/esuprt_laptop/esuprt_inspiron_laptop/inspiron-15-7559-laptop_reference%20guide_en-us.pdf

6 Posts

March 18th, 2018 23:00

@LSUFAN51 

Thanks a lot ! worked like a charm. The dell diagnostics, after removing the battery and  re-seating the memory cards, showed that it passed all the tests. 

But I still have the confusion whether it was caused by the memory drives because this malfunction has been claimed by other 7559 users as well.

6 Posts

March 18th, 2018 23:00

@ieee488

I am still confused, is the memory drive the reason for the keyboard and power button to malfunction... everything was working perfectly fine (other than the keyboard and power button) till i tried to restart it, because many of the 7559 users have claimed this malfunction and it should be a build flaw to have these many complaints.

Just curious

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

March 19th, 2018 08:00

Also, 

Installing (drivers and firmware) through windows updates: Type Settings onto the [Cortana] search box, select Update & Security, and then click on Check For Updates. If there're updates, select Restart Now. Please don't wait later to update, click restart now. Do the process over and over until you have latest windows updates on the system. I believe latest is the Fall Creator update.

Microsoft Windows Update

After updating Dell drivers and windows update: Type device Manager onto search box, stroll down to Disk Drives and expand it. Right click Hard drive or Solid State drive, select Update Driver. If there's Firmware listed, expand it and update as well.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

Glad to know computer up and running again. Since freezing problem happen during playing a game, I suggest updating the drivers and firmware for the system. This should help with the memory problem.

Please enter service tag number (or use Detect Product) onto link below.

Support | Dell US   

In your Dell Product Support page ( Inspiron 7559), select Detect Product. The Dell tool will search firmware and drivers (Chipset, Serial ATA, Video) for the system. Or you could manually installed drivers / firmware in correct order or one by one.

How to reinstall drivers in the correct order | Dell US

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

After updating drivers and firmware, I suggest using the Game Mode setting while gaming, see link below): 

Use Game Mode while gaming on your PC

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/use-game-mode-gaming-on-pc

Lastly, 

As I've mentioned in one of my post, I suggest you consider upgrading memory / ram on the system. Please check memory installed by typing msinfo32 onto search box, stroll down to Installed Physical Memory(Ram), you should see amount listed. If  amount is less than 16 GB, watch video in link below. 

How to Install More RAM (Official Dell Tech Support)

https://youtu.be/cnYE0UnlOFU?list=PLdLDGmnHB07NVpbsbTGeiW-NLjpVZufxB

No Events found!