Go to Solution

1 Rookie

• 

9 Posts

July 9th, 2022 22:00

Dell G15 5511 only have 2 hour battery life

Dell G15 5511

Dell G15 5511

I had already bought this laptop like 3 months and I had made a mistake that I didn't test its battery life when I got it and now when I need to use it for school, my laptop just give me 2 hour of battery life just for doing PPT and Microsoft Word. I also do a clean install windows 10 on my latop but my alienware command center have issue, it cant enable the G mode, so I go to windows 11 to see can fix or not and it works ( but only can enable G mode, it still show 'No Supported AlienFX devices was detected' which I don't know why). So, now the problem I have is it just provide 2 hour of battery life sometimes 1 hour and a half only. Is there any solution for me, I have already seen all the dell support video on fixing battery life but it doesn't work at all.

1 Rookie

• 

22 Posts

November 21st, 2022 08:00

I guess i need better glasses for my laptop to stay longer on battery lol 

1 Rookie

• 

22 Posts

November 28th, 2022 04:00

This is what i found on my Dell G15 it looks like some bug sometimes i can get 6h sometimes 2h. Really dont understand why i m thinking to raise this issue to support.

https://www.dell.com/community/Inspiron/G15-5521-Power-usage-after-hibernation-or-shut-down/m-p/8308777#M154841

4 Posts

November 30th, 2022 06:00

There's an update just released for BIOS fixed this issue for me.

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

March 12th, 2023 23:00

I found out that the nvidia gpu was still working at 100% when just browsing giving me the 2 hour battery life. So I disabled it in device manager 

2 Posts

April 18th, 2023 05:00

Hello! I have a G15 5511 i7 11800h

I bought the notebook in 11/2021 and since de beginning I have monitored its specs thru hwi64 software, including power consumption (measured in watts). My battery has somewhat 70Wh capability (the better one) and, in the beginning, I was getting like 2.1w~4w idle system power consumption, which provided me about 10-14h battery life light using/idle, and 7-8h youtube/videos/music/word/PDF/surfing web/working (yes, it can do this). My job is 7h/day and it lasted all the 7h and still remained about 15% charge. HWI64 marked about 10w average consumption rate a that time.

But, after some random Windows or BIOS update (I have always the latest microsoft and bios updates), my system drains at MINIMUM 10w-15w power consumption, which dropped my battery life to 5h-6h light using/idle and 2h-3h youtube/videos/music/word/PDF/surfing web/working. This is ridiculous. 

I tried to troubleshoot the issue, if it is caused by Windows or Dell, but can't get an answer. All apps seems to drain the same amount of energy, there is no app draining battery more than needed.

If I turn off Wi-Fi/BT/all the stuff, set brightness to minimum, shut down every single cloud app to remain just looking at the DESKTOP, it still drains the battery at a rate of 7,5-8,5w system power, which give me about 7h-9h battery life estimated. DOING NOTHING.

In the early days, one of the best qualities of this Dell, for me, was its endurance. Now, where it is?

And no, I have no battery wear at all. It is estimated by HWI64 in 9%, but throughout the years I controlled Dell Power Manager to almost never exceed 80%, most of the time I maintained my battery in 60-70%, it is working as it should be.

Does anyone have any clue of what might be happening?

Thank you!

1 Message

December 8th, 2023 14:44

The reason for your short battery life is that you probably haven't optimized your pc for power yet. Firstly, go into the setting app and set your refresh rate to 60hz, not 120. That's still plenty for tasks other than gaming. Then, make sure you have dynamic brightness and contrast on, as well as power saving mode. Finally, make sure your computer is on "quiet" mode, instead of having the fan and Graphics card going. I hope you're successful!

1 Message

January 29th, 2024 12:10

@AdrianG001​ where can you find "battery power settings"

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

April 16th, 2024 10:22

THE BATTERY OF MY DELL G15 5511 IS 56KWH. CAN I ALSO USE AN 86KWH BATTERY?

No Events found!