Start a Conversation

Unsolved

P

6 Posts

January 24th, 2019 00:00

Dell G3 New bios 1.7.0 Give a keyboard input lag

I have experience lag after update to Bios 1.7.0 for dell G3 3579 , First i though because i switch to SSD blue from green (m.2) But it turn out to be the Bios. After i downgrade back to 1.5.1 problem have been solve. I'm stick with 1.5.1 for now

I hope dell got answer for this

I hope they fix the keyboard input lag on next update

1 Message

January 24th, 2019 06:00

Dude how did you downgrade your bios? Samething happened on me now I cannot log in to my pc. Please reply asap. I have something really important to do with my pc. :(

My laptop model is G3 3579.

4 Posts

January 26th, 2019 20:00

Also happened to me just moments ago.. Use your on-screen keyboard for the mean time.. It is located on the ease of access option.. Once you logged in, you can now downgrade you bios by following instructions online

1 Message

January 28th, 2019 21:00

did this happen right after you upgraded? i just upgraded to 1.7.0 and booted with no problems. also what do you mean about input lag? like does it take a few seconds to register a keypress? i came across this thread because i googled to see what 1.7.0 had to fix or features it offerd so im kinda concerned now that i see people having this problem.

1 Message

January 29th, 2019 15:00

Same here, dell g3 3579 two weeks old. I upgraded disk and installed samsung 970 nvme ssd and everything was smooth. Today, I flashed bios with new version 1.7. New bios update makes laptop barely usable, lack of performance and huge keyboard input lag. Even better, most of keys are not usable at all. Downgraded bios to december update and keyboard is working ok, but small lack of performance is still there.

1 Message

February 2nd, 2019 05:00

I'm experiencing the same problem. 

Brand new G3 asked me to update Bios and when I did it the keyboard became unusable and I noticed a decreased of overall performance.  Then I recovered the Bios but the problem remained . Also tried to reinstall keyboard drivers but no success. 

Anyone have any tip?

Edit: I reverted to the 1.5.1 version and it seem to have solved the issue.

6 Posts

February 2nd, 2019 23:00

just download and flash 1.5.1 again and problem should be solve there no need extra step just follow instruction , I hope dell fix with next update

6 Posts

February 2nd, 2019 23:00

@gutierrezern wrote:

did this happen right after you upgraded? i just upgraded to 1.7.0 and booted with no problems. also what do you mean about input lag? like does it take a few seconds to register a keypress? i came across this thread because i googled to see what 1.7.0 had to fix or features it offerd so im kinda concerned now that i see people having this problem.

There is input lag if you use laptop keyboard but external keyboard don't have this lag problem so i have no idea :)

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

February 4th, 2019 08:00

Thank you for your message. Do you observe the keyboard lag with all the keys or certain keys like a s w d?

Does it happen with any application in particular, like the MS Office suite, browsers?

Open Command prompt & check if the lag issue is seen with the internal keyboard.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

How to locate the service tag

1 Message

August 9th, 2020 15:00

How did you downgraded it??

I tried it too but it's show it's blocked

My keyboard lags too please tell me how did you do it?

No Events found!