Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

2 Posts

May 15th, 2019 00:00

Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series Running Extremely Slow Since Purchase

I've read numbers of post regarding this same issue for this same model and I am still not seeing solutions.

I purchased the Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series around October of 2018, because my Macbook stopped working (however, it is now working just fine after a Apple Store visit). I decided to keep my Dell for work. However, since purchasing from Day 1, the computer has been running incredibly slow. It does not take long to start up, but it takes long for the login screen to appear, it takes forever for simple programs to open, even the start menu response, or file explorer. I do not have much outside of Office 365 and Adobe installed. However prior to installing those programs the start up times for literally every function has been incredibly slow. My 6 Year Old Macbook Air operates much faster with less specs. Is there a solution for the AMD Models, I've only seen solutions for the Intel models in the BIOS settings. Can someone help? 

Dell Inspiron 15 5575 Model

x64-based PC

AMD Ryzen 5 2500U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx, 2000 Mhz, 4 Core(S), 8 Logical Processors

BIOS Version, Dell, Inc. 1.1.6

2 Posts

May 15th, 2019 01:00

I have a SDD.

10 Posts

May 15th, 2019 01:00

What about storage? Do you have HDD or SSD? The main problem in perfomance goes becouse HDD in laptop has a bad speed(5200), which is too slow. So, i think if you change your HDD to SSD, you'll get better perfomance.

1 Message

August 23rd, 2019 08:00

Did you find solution? I have a Ryzen 3 and it's too slow. It's slower than my 8 year old laptop. I'm still looking for fix. The slowness makes it virtually useless.

1 Message

December 7th, 2019 19:00

Same problem. Boot looks complete but takes 15 min to launch a browser. Nothing on it. Useless!

293 Posts

December 8th, 2019 14:00

Have you thought about performing, "Disc Cleanup," FREE Malwarebytes, cleanup your search engine Cache? Perform DELL Support Asst?  Sometimes if you are using 3rd party anti-virus, may not be the best.   Good luck.  Perform above on a regular basis.

No Events found!