Start a Conversation

Unsolved

SK

5 Posts

November 3rd, 2018 06:00

Dell Inspiron 3542 charging led keeps blinking

Dell Inspiron 2542 as I turn it on the led light on laptop keeps blinking continuously but it doesn't turn on I tried the fix of pressing it for 30sec and then using adaptor n all but it doesn't worked can anyone help me out I need to submit an important work tommorw my laptop needs to work .note ; as I connect charger the led shows as normal but still it doesn't turn on

9 Legend

• 

12.2K Posts

November 3rd, 2018 06:00

So this is the light on the laptop and not the one on the adapter? Also what colour does it flash and is it one blink or more?

November 4th, 2018 05:00

Sir, white light keeps on blinking on the edge of laptop 

I am adding image check the link below 

https://ibb.co/miQYq0

9 Legend

• 

12.2K Posts

November 4th, 2018 05:00

Follow the steps in the following forum post. Also I am posting a link to the LED/Beep codes. Hope fully resetting the system as per the first post will correct the problem. If not it could be a mainboard or CPU problem.

https://www.dell.com/community/Inspiron/Inspiron-15-3543-won-t-start-with-LED-light-flashes/td-p/6087239

https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/sln300723/diagnostic-error-code-standardization-for-2015-2016-notebook-and-tablet-systems?lang=en

November 4th, 2018 06:00

Sir it is blinking every 4 seconds once what does that mean I am not getting from the  list u provided

Repeats after every 4 seconds what does that mena

10 Elder

• 

24.8K Posts

Unplug the system.

Remove or disconnect the battery.  Hold the power button for 30 sec.

Remove and reinstall the memory modules and the hare drive.

Verify that the LED on the adapter is ON before you plug in the notebook end. If it is not, the adapter is bad; replace it.

With a good adapter, plug in the system (leave the battery disconnected).  If the system will power up and run, but not with the battery installed, the battery is bad.  Replace it with a new one.

If the system still won't power up, the mainboard is bad.  If the system is under warranty, call Dell for repair.  If it's not, this repair will cost 50-75% of what the system did initially;  replacing the system rather than repairing this one is a better idea.

1 Message

August 15th, 2019 08:00

December 26th, 2019 01:00

I just had same issue a moment ago...took out the battery, unplugged laptop... after holding power button for 30 secs I took out RAM and HDD... blew air, cleaned it of some dust which might be there... put back the HDD and RAM properly. Plug the charger in without the battery and power on... and it will start. If not... dont know anymore... hope this helps.

February 24th, 2021 19:00

Hi,

I have somewhat similar problem with my dell 3542, I've recently replaced the battery with the new one, now when the charge reaches 75%, the adaptor ejects, as soon as it falls under 75%, adaptor connection is detected. If I turnoff the laptop and recharge then the charge reaches to 100%. battery says its a 16000mV

is this behavior is normal..?

Also i see dead pixels on my display, wonder its temporary or permanent, i if a replacement is required then what would be the cost for a touch enabled lcd.?

1 Message

January 6th, 2024 15:18

Well, in my case. I just remove the battery. Pressed the power button for some seconds. Tried to turn on with adapter only. It was still blinking. Slightly blew the air on battery. Inserted the battery, and it started

No Events found!