emosquiddy
2 Bronze

Dell Inspiron 7559 Cannot Get Into Bios After Switching to Legacy Boot

Jump to solution

This is an odd situation but after a certain Windows 10 update, the Dell logo never showed up anymore on boot up. Everything else was fine, although I couldn't access BIOS after this update unless I used Windows 10. Skip to just recently, I had to switch my boot order to an external hard drive. I had to change to legacy boot for this. Little did I know this locked me out of BIOS. I tried a lot of key combinations, nothing worked. From what I gathered, I have to leave out my battery to get very low or I need to take out the CMOS battery. The BIOS was up to date with no mods. Any help on other things I can do to fix this would be appreciated, I just want to get back the UEFI.IMG_20190604_191316.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KidEatsKeyboard
2 Bronze

Re: Dell Inspiron 7559 Cannot Get Into Bios After Switching to Legacy Boot

Jump to solution
3 Replies
KidEatsKeyboard
2 Bronze

Jump to solution
paulo9mv
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Hey! I have the same problem as you, just changed to Legacy but now i'm not able to return to UEFI, impossible to get into BIOS, etc. Today I will disassemble the computer to remove the CMOS battery, so, wait for updates.

If you had disassembled yours, please tell, did it worked?

0 Kudos
paulo9mv
2 Bronze

Jump to solution
So, the solution that worked for me. Disassemble the computer and remove the CMOS battery, wait 1 ~ 2 minutes, then connect it again.
0 Kudos