Start a Conversation

Unsolved

I

1 Message

April 10th, 2022 02:00

Dell inpiron 7706 not turning on after shutting down

My dell inpiron 7706 2 in 1 is workimg fine but whenever i shut it down, it is not booting up, i have to perform hard reset every time ( remove the battery and wait for 15 secs then reconnect and connect the adapter)

I want it to work normal, please help me if anyone have solution

Thanks in adavnce

• 

25.7K Posts

April 10th, 2022 20:00

We tried reaching you on a private message asking for the Service Tag number to ascertain the warranty but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

April 10th, 2022 23:00

Perform a hard reset.

1. Turn off the computer.
  2. Disconnect the AC adapter or power cable from the computer, and remove the battery (for Dell laptops with removable battery).
    NOTE: For Dell laptops that have a nonremovable battery, see the Dell knowledge base article  How to reset Real Time Clock (RTC).
    For Dell laptops with removable batteries, see the  User Guide for your Dell laptop for step-by-step instructions to safely remove the battery.
    NOTE: On select Dell Latitude laptops, try to recover the laptop using the forced ePSA method from a POST or boot failure. To learn more, see the Dell knowledge base article  How to Use Forced ePSA to Recover from POST or Boot Failure.
  3. Disconnect all devices such as USB drives, printers, webcams, and media cards (SD/xD).
  4. Press and hold the power button for 15 to 20 seconds to drain residual power.
  5. Connect the AC adapter or power cable and the battery (for Dell laptops).
  6. If your Dell computer can turn on but is unable to boot into Windows, identify the symptoms and follow the appropriate troubleshooting guide.

1 Message

April 13th, 2022 05:00

ter Shutdown my 7706 2n1 9m58S93 requires 3 - 6 cycles of holding the power button down fo4 5-6 seconds before it will come on.

August 27th, 2022 08:00

This works, but not a permanent fix. You can't do this every time to power up right?

August 27th, 2022 08:00

What's the permanent fix?  Hard reset works, but can't do this every day.  I've updated to the latest BIOS, but doesn't help.

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

October 6th, 2022 16:00

I also have this problem.  What's worse is that Dell sent me this Inspiron 7706 as a replacement for another "Lemon" laptop that could not be fixed after 3 trips back to the Dell repair center.

This power on problem can be found in multiple internet discussion threads predating Dells decision to provide this device to me as a replacement unit.  So, if you can't fix a laptop, send the customer another broken device?  Sounds like a poor business plan.

Removing the battery on this unit is difficult.  There are 11 really tiny screws that need to be removed before you can pry off the back of the laptop.  It's not meant to be user serviceable.  DELL must find a solution to this issue or they should replace the devices.  You know, with ones that really work.

1 Message

November 12th, 2022 05:00

Hi.

I have the exact same problem with my Dell Inspiron 7706 2n1 . I've tried everything to cure it, but nothing works.

Is there any general solution?

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

November 15th, 2022 22:00

Perform a hard reset.
Turn off the computer.
Disconnect the AC adapter or power cable from the computer, and remove the battery (for Dell laptops with removable battery).
NOTE: For Dell laptops that have a nonremovable battery, see the Dell knowledge base article How to reset Real Time Clock (RTC).
For Dell laptops with removable batteries, see the User Guide for your Dell laptop for step-by-step instructions to safely remove the battery.
NOTE: On select Dell Latitude laptops, try to recover the laptop using the forced ePSA method from a POST or boot failure. To learn more, see the Dell knowledge base article How to Use Forced ePSA to Recover from POST or Boot Failure.
Disconnect all devices such as USB drives, printers, webcams, and media cards (SD/xD).
Press and hold the power button for 15 to 20 seconds to drain residual power.
Connect the AC adapter or power cable and the battery (for Dell laptops).
If your Dell computer can turn on but is unable to boot into Windows, identify the symptoms and follow the appropriate troubleshooting guide.

No Events found!