Go to Solution

1 Rookie

• 

5 Posts

February 25th, 2023 14:00

G15 5515, unable to change brightness

Dell G15 5515 Ryzen Edition

Dell G15 5515 Ryzen Edition

So I have a G15 5515 Ryzen Edition with Windows 10. Been having this problem for like two months now and it's really getting on my nerves.

I cannot change the brightness from 100% to anything else, be it the keyboard, settings or even Windows Mobility Center. Weirdly enough, when moving the slider to 0, the colors get oversaturated. I don't know if this is a hardware problem or it's just some software issue.

I looked at this post where I then installed the latest NVIDIA driver, but this only fixed the oversaturation issue.

https://www.dell.com/community/Inspiron/G15-5515-brightness-keys-and-slider-not-working/td-p/8300621

Any help? Thanks in advance!

Edit: I don't know if this is relevant but this happened after my laptop was connected for like 3 or 4 hours with an external monitor. I then unplugged the HDMI cable while it was still in extended display mode. Oh, and just now I uninstalled the monitor and restarted the laptop, which did nothing.

April 12th, 2023 02:00

I faced the same issue even with the new driver too. However, I went to BIOS and disabled Hybrid graphics/Advance Optimus, and apparently, it solved the issue. I will now try the latest Studio Drivers and see if the issue is fixed there too. Because maybe it has something to do with the Hybrid Graphics Technology rather than NVIDIA Drivers.

April 12th, 2023 09:00

So, it indeed did work on the late NVIDIA Studio Graphics as well. Turn out Hybrid Graphics were the real problem. I am pretty sure that it will fix issue for you as well even for the latest NVIDIA Game Drivers.

Community Manager

• 

2.2K Posts

January 23rd, 2024 12:21

To fix this problem, please follow the steps:

1. Uninstall and Delete the Nvidia Driver through Device Manager.
  2. Reinstall Driver 522.25.

9 Posts

April 8th, 2023 11:00

dell its just ignoring the problem and its so frustrasting, theres like 8 nvidia drivers out updates and this still without solutions it suppose dell need to pull nvidia or something to fix this but they just ignore the users on this laptop dell g15 5515.

1 Rookie

• 

16 Posts

April 10th, 2023 10:00

I just updated my driver to the latest one available on dell's website, the version is 528.79,but the issue still persists, the most recent driver that still works is 522.25.

Can anyone tell me if it is just me that still has this problem on the new driver?

9 Posts

April 11th, 2023 08:00

Was doing my research because Dell its not giving a solved solution of the circumstances this its what nvidia support told me if its necessary go there to chat support and not forums to get better communication.

Hello,

Thank you for your patience.

Your issue with the brightness on Dell G15 laptop with the latest NVIDIA drivers was referred to me for further review.

We are already aware of this issue and the backend team is working towards a fix for the issue. The issue is also being worked with the Dell's backend team to find a solution. We extremely apologize for the issue ongoing for a long time, however, we are working hard to get the issue resolve as soon as possible. Unfortunately, there is no specific ETA for a fix at the moment.

We once again apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,
NVIDIA Customer Care.

1 Rookie

• 

5 Posts

April 12th, 2023 09:00

It worked, thank you so much! Never thought the problem lied within the BIOS.

2 Posts

May 26th, 2023 06:00

It is a software problem. It should be that the notebook is adapted to the monitor and unplugged, but it has not been restored. You can try to reset the display settings. Or you plug in the monitor to see if it works.

January 30th, 2024 00:53

@DELL-Nat M​ I tried this solution on my Dell G15 5515 and the display brightness still does not work. Can you help me out with this? Thx.

1 Message

February 24th, 2024 14:59

@ibraheemqadir​ omg thank you. solution found!!. 

2 Posts

February 24th, 2024 15:58

@DELL-Nat M​ That's absolutely not acceptable solution for a manufacturer - current Nvidia Driver is 551.61 - and you are recommending driver from 2022. Please be honest - that's a workaround.

March 10th, 2024 18:23

Recent BIOS update 1.16 broke the 522.25 too. Now the display is at 100% all the time on optimus on.

With optimus off, the brightness control works, but at the cost fast battery drainage. Since the problem is with BIOS, hopefully Dell will address this issue in another BIOS update.

March 10th, 2024 19:31

Great! The latest Nvidia is working fine. Now Radeon graphic drivers is broken on G15 5515. Using Radeon driver (8/6/2022) )available from windows update and latest Nvidia (551.76) fixes the issue of brightness. So, now Dell need to fix this issue in next BIOS update 

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

May 5th, 2024 16:46

@DELL-Nat M  una verguenza que despues de casi año y medio no hayan solucionado el problema

1 Rookie

• 

7 Posts

May 9th, 2024 15:14

Does someone test the brightness on the latest BIOS update (1.18) with drivers for NVidia from dell site (31.0.15.5212, from 29 april 2024)? Is it work or not?

No Events found!