Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

1 Rookie

• 

7 Posts

November 13th, 2020 10:00

G3 3579 Battery Replacement

Thought G Series was an individual Laptop line but Inspiron is the only line I can choose that makes sense for it so I'll post here.

So I brought my laptop in around the end of 2018 beginning of 2019 and it's lasted what I would expect it to, however as I never really used it for gaming (first gaming laptop and it taught me to just stick to gaming on desktops) so it's in good condition, casing needs replacing but I believe dells repair person they sent me cracked a few clips on the inside and left a deformed corner when trying to get in but I never noticed till months afterwards when I tried opening it to clean it (I was told I am allowed to open and clean the vents of it) but that isn't my problem right now, my battery is dying and, a few days ago it was at 46% wear and now 57%, it's holding less than half of its original capacity and I need it replaced however dells parts and accessories section doesn't offer my battery? I've seen websites selling it but I am unsure as to who to trust. Is there any way to get a replacement battery from dell? it still has a 2-year warranty from the retailer, but i contacted them on other issues and they told me to tell dell and dell did come and repair it under a warranty however i am still sceptical because i have no support assist(?) warranty. in the end, if i can get it repaired under warranty it would be great but i don't have high hopes

so anyone know where i could get my battery? i haven't looked at the actual model number on this one because i don't like taking it apart but every website i go to that talks about this models battery all use 33YDH and it looks like it. I just don't wanna pay a super unreliable company to get it for me and take several months when i sorta need it ASAP with how it's degrading rapidly.

10 Elder

• 

24.7K Posts

November 13th, 2020 12:00

1 Message

May 27th, 2021 12:00

yes even i am facing the same problem its been only 2 years and the battery life has gone completely never . i bought this laptop for my studies since i thought it was an gaming laptop it would have better performance but no i was wrong even few months back my hard drive life went out and now the battery i would like to request dell service to look after this thing and if possible please replace my battery 

2 Posts

July 19th, 2021 05:00

Yeah, same with mine. Its been about a year and half since my battery died, decided to disconnect it and use it like a pc now

NhlalukoG_0-1626698219010.png

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

July 19th, 2021 07:00

18-months to 24 months of life is normal nowadays for batteries. See this--

FAQ - Laptop battery articles - Dell Community

1 Message

June 9th, 2022 01:00

same happend with me my laptop battery is dead and now its not even charging 1 % its on plug in sitation 

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

October 14th, 2022 03:00

Can I remove the battery permanently and run the laptop on the electrical adapter? Device Type G3 3579

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

October 14th, 2022 06:00

It is okay to use a laptop without its battery. In that setup, the laptop will then effectively be a desktop PC, as obviously it could no longer be used unless plugged into the AC adapter.

However, many G3 laptop models are designed to run with Hybrid Power. When under heavy load with CPU-intensive and GPU-intensive tasks such as video editing or gaming, the laptop draws power concurrently from both AC adapter and battery. When the battery charge falls below 10%, Hybrid Power is disabled, and system performance will drop.

If the battery is removed to run on AC alone, or when running on only battery, then in those situations the performance would be reduced.

In another thread, some G3 owners said that when they switched from the standard 130-watt AC adapter to a 180-watt AC adapter, the system was able to run at full power without drawing from the battery.

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

May 2nd, 2024 16:58

bought this laptop 2 yrs back. it was a gaming laptop so i thought that it was a good laptop. it is a good laptop. it can run games at high graphics and also good games like red dead and gta 5. but the battery health is vesry bad. it cannot even run google for more that 5 mins without plugged in. i hope that people at dell will look into this matter and contact me asap. my email: <Private data removed from public view. DELL Admin>

(edited)

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

July 11th, 2024 06:21

Everyone should be very careful not to buy this type of battery because it is fake and not original 

https://www.parts-people.com/index.php?action=item&id=27472

You can buy the original battery from Dell itself via this link only.

battery

No Events found!